Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

How to do Pendulum Dowsing - by Pat R

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

How to do Pendulum Dowsing - by Pat R Empty
PostSubject: How to do Pendulum Dowsing - by Pat R   How to do Pendulum Dowsing - by Pat R Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 pm

How to do Pendulum Dowsing - by Pat R Pendul10
PENDULUM DOWSING

If you’ve never used a pendulum before, I hope this info will help you get started.

WHAT CAN PENDULUM DOWSING BE USED FOR?

Dowsing can be used for many things, eg finding answers to questions, finding information about spirit guides and totem animals, locating missing objects, some healers use a pendulum to dowse photos of their patients to help them identify areas that may be causing sickness, dowsing can also used to help balance chakras. (PLEASE NOTE: Unless you are an experienced, qualified therapist NEVER use dowsing to diagnose illness or chakra balancing purposes).

WHAT TYPE OF PENDULUM DO I NEED?

You don’t need to buy an expensive pendulum to try dowsing. You can use a sewing needle, or a key, suspended on a 6 inch long piece of thread or wool, or use a decorator's plumbline. These things still swing or rotate in the same way as a crystal pendulum, if you practice enough with them. (I've got beautiful rose quartz, clear quartz, amythyst and other crystal pendulums that were gifts from my family and friends. Though they are very pretty, they don’t work any better because of that.

HOW DO I START DOWSING?

Before you begin using a pendulum (or any psychic tool) you should first prepare yourself. Do some relaxation and deep breathing exercises first (I’ve posted these in Meditation Discussions section. You will also need to open up your psychic centres (chakras) too before you perform any psychic/spiritual work. (Exercises for this are in Chakra section). Your state of mind will affect the results you get when you're working with any psychic tool. Therefore, I’d recommend you have a short period of meditation before dowsing. The calmer and more relaxed your mind and body feel, the better results you'll get from whatever psychic tool you're using.

(Always ask for protection before you start using your pendulum, or other psychic tool. You must stop dowsing immediately, if you ever start feeling uncomfortable, or start to feel something’s wrong.)

PROTECTIVE PRAYER

I ASK FOR GOD (OR YOUR HIGHER POWER), MY ANGELS AND LOVING SPIRIT GUIDES, TO PROTECT ME WHILE I AM USING THIS PENDULUM. I ASK THAT FOR TRUTH TO BE GIVEN TO ME, AND FOR LIGHT TO SURROUND ME. LET THE INFORMATION I RECEIVE THROUGH THIS PENDULUM BE IN MY BEST INTERESTS, OR FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF OTHERS. AMEN

When you first start doing pendulum exercises, I suggest you set yourself an allotted time to work in (eg one hour). You could set the alarm on your mobile to go off after one hour (use a gentle ring tone) to remind you it's now time to stop. Doing this will help set a time framework for you, and your guide, to get used to working together within.

HOLDING YOUR PENDULUM

Don’t hold the very top of your pendulum chain/string, find a length that’s comfortable for you to work with (about 1 – 3 inches is usually about right).
PROGRAMMING YOUR DOWSING PENDULUM

You need to find out which way your pendulum is going to respond first. If you're holding the pendulum with your right hand, then hold it over the back of your left hand. Wait until your pendulum settles (so it's hanging still and straight) before you start asking any questions.

Now ask your pendulum a question to which you know the answer is YES (eg Is my name Pat, Am I female? or Do I have 2 children? Only ask one question at a time) You should then see your pendulum start to move. YES is often indicated by a clockwise circular movement.

How to do Pendulum Dowsing - by Pat R Pendul11

Ask your pendulum to stop swinging again and return to a standstill. Now ask it a question to which you know the answer is NO (eg Am I a cat? Do I have 12 children?) You should see the pendulum start to move again. No is often indicated by a side to side movement. (However, YES and NO movements can differ from person to person. Some people get a clockwise circular movement for YES and an anti-clockwise movement for NO, or side to side may indicate YES and circular NO. Ensure you ask sufficient YES and NO questions, so you will know which way your pendulum answers you).

WHAT EXERCISES CAN I TRY?

You may choose to use your pendulum to find out information about your spirit guides, or totem animals, or you may use it for divination purposes.

As long as you know which way your pendulum moves to indicate YES and NO, you can begin working. Always remember to ask questions that can only be answered with a YES and NO and only ask one question at a time. Open-ended or multiple questions can cause confusion.

If you want to use your pendulum to find out who your spirit guide is then ask questions like these: 'Are you my spirit guide?' 'Are you male?' Are you female? Are you old? Are you young? Are you fair-haired (skinned)? Are you dark-haired (skinned)? Where you once [ie a monk], [a priest], [a nun], [a Native American Indian], from China? Are you a healing guide? Am I on the right spiritual pathway? Are you the only spirit guide I have at this time? If the answer is No, continue by asking 'Do I have 2 [3], [4] spirit guides?' until you get a firm YES.
When you've asked enough questions that your pendulum has answered YES too, then you should have enough info to build up a mental picture of what your spirit guide looks like, and what your spirit guide wishes to help you with [ie healing, mediumship]. If your guide says they once lived in China, you can use an Atlas to find out which province (area) of China they lived in. Hold your pendulum over a map of China then either ask the pendulum to swing towards the area you're looking for, or hold it over different areas then ask ‘Is this the area where you once lived?’ until you find the right one. If you've got a Native Indian guide and want to know which tribe they once belonged to, then try writing down a list of all the Native American Indian tribes and use your pendulum to identify which tribe it is.
If you’re using your pendulum to try and identify your Totem/Power Animal, you can use animal cards or pictures of animals in a book, hold your pendulum over the top of each animal and say ‘Is this animal my Totem Animal?’ Do this until you get a YES answer, or place animal cards in a circle and ask your pendulum to swing towards your Totem Animal. Keep a diary to record the results from your sessions. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, STOP immediately

Having built up the beginnings of your relationship with your guide, or totem animal, you can then ask them to give you more proof regarding who or what they are. I've often found when spirit are trying to give proof, what they want to show you will turn up (often out of the blue) usually at least 3 times in a very short time.

Another Pendulum exercise to try:

If you have a pack of Zener cards (cards with symbols on them ie cross, circle, square, star, 3 wavy lines, often used to test telepathic abilities), or other cards, place them face down on a table and mix them up so you don’t know which card is where. Select the symbol or picture on a card you want your pendulum to find, then ask it to swing towards that card. (You’ll feel a definite pulling sensation on the pendulum). If your pendulum doesn’t swing towards one, hold it over each card and ask ‘Is this the Star (or your chosen symbol or picture)?’ Keep doing this until you get a definite YES answer.

You may also choose to ask your pendulum questions like, ‘Will I get the job I’m after?’ ‘Will I meet the man of my dreams? However, if you ask questions about future events in your life, you'll have to wait for the outcome to find out if your pendulum is accurate.

When your pendulum session is over, thank your guides/angels for their protection and for the information you've received during your session. When you've done this, ask them to return to the Light. Put your pendulum away and close your psychic centres down (see info on how you do this in Chakra section). Doing this will ensure you sever the spiritual connection safely. (It's important YOU always stay in control of the times when you want to work spiritually, never let a spirit control you. Spirits who are 'of the Light' will always respect your right to decide when and where you wish to communicate with them. This will also ensure you don't get troubled while asleep.)

Finally, I want you to imagine you are taking a shower under pure white light, do this for a minute or so and this will clear any unwanted residual energy that may still be left.

I hope you will enjoy using this information. Please let us know how your pendulum sessions work out.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net

How to do Pendulum Dowsing - by Pat R
Page 1 of 1