Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

My interests in Native Indians

Go down 
+3
Pat R
DragonAngel
Adrian
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Adrian
Adrian

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-11

My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi DragonAngel, I just sent a reply to you but its lost somewhere in the ether!!!!, In my experience when we try too hard to make a connection, guess what...... zilch, zero, nothing whereas if you stay relaxed then you may be surpirsed by the outcome. Spirit guides are always there for us, but it is up to us to ask them for help or guidance, the thing to remember is that they can only guide us, at the end of the day we make the choice, it is our life to live.
Do not feel afraid of making that connection with Red Cloud, any connection either with our guides or with spirit is daunting at first but they are there to help.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Thanks Adrian!   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:31 pm

I'll try my best not to think about it when I wake up tomorrow morning!!

I'll also give serious thought to making that connection with Red Cloud.

Thanks for listening to me xx
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:34 pm

:bouquet: Its my pleasure as always, we are all here to help and support each other :ghug: , i really hope you make that connection, it is a wonderful experience.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Totem Animal Meditation exercise   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Lyn,

I do a guided meditation with my students which I call The Crystal Cave. I ask my students to visualise themselves walking into a the mouth of a cave, they then walk deeper into the cave until they finally reach a place where there are beautiful colours radiating from the walls. These colours are coming from crystals which are embedded in the cave walls, you are bathed in these beautiful crystal colours. Here and there you will see alcoves or rocks hollowed out so you can sit down. You sit and then you ask your totem animal to come to you. On the far side of the cave there are other larger rocks, you become aware of movement and soon you will see your totem animal start to approach you. This could be an animal, a bird, a reptile or an insect, but no matter what your totem animal is, you need have no fear of this, as it has come to help you. Remember, we do not choose our totem animals, they choose us and totem animals may change frequently, according to our needs). You may reach out and touch your animal if you want too. Do you feel soft fur, or sleek feathers? You know start to speak to your totem animal, tell them the problems and areas you need help with. Totem animals communicate telepathically so you will pick up their thoughts. Sometimes totem animals make gestures, and do not communicate. Take note of what your totem is doing as these gestures can have significance too. Even if you don't receive mental communications, all totem animals have different qualities associated with them. If you look at these qualities and associations you should see what they are trying to tell you ie that you need to be more patient, need to be more assertive etc.

When it is time to leave your meditation, your totem animals will turn and walk away from you, retreating into the depths of the crystal cavern. You then stand up and retrace your steps back to the entrance. When you step out of the cave entrance, you then start to return to consciousness. When you feel ready open your eyes, become aware of your surroundings, wiggle your toes and take a gentle stretch if you need too. Write down what animal you saw, any gestures you noticed your totem animal make and note any telepathic communications you picked up.

I use Sacred Earth Drums CD as background music, while we are doing this.
Hope this explains what I do properly, and you find it helpful. Done it in a bit of a rush for you.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Thanks Pat xx   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:04 pm

Will think on what you and Adrian have said and let you know. Have PM'd you too xx
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Go Forward with Courage

When you are in doubt, be still and wait,
when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage,
so long as mists envelop you be still,
be still until sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
as it surely will,
then act with courage.

Chief White Eagle
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 pm

i found it really interesting reading about your spirit guides.can i just ask do we all have one,i know some people have more from some books i have read if so how do you get to know who they are etc? im not at all psycic Crying or Very sad so does this make a difference ? x
Back to top Go down
http://www.blardyblart.co.uk
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Fluffyangel, nice to talk to you. regarding your question do we all have spirit guides then the answer is yes, and in fact we don't just have one but we have many, some are with us throughout our lives while others may come and go. Have you tried meditation - this is the best way (that i have found) to make a connection with your spirit guide/s, this may take numerous attempts but please don't give up if at first you don't succeed, it takes most people many attempts but it is well worth it in the end. If you feel a presence around you ask your spirit guide to introduce him/her self to you, ask them to do something like touch your hair or cheek. never be afraid as all spirit guides are good souls who are here to help, guide and protect you, but remember that they can not live your life for you, they can only point you in the right direction the rest as they say is up to you.
Re your statement that you are not psychic, then you may be surprised to learn that we are all psychic, have you ever known who is calling you on the phone before you've answered it, do you ever know what some one is going to say even before they have opened their mouth. As we have gotten older and as we as a human beings have developed we tend to ignore our intuition and do not spend enough quiet time to make the connection with our guides and our inner self and our psychic abilities, we all need to make that connection and still our mind, i think you will be astonished by your discoveries.

I hope all that makes sense, but if you need any clarity on anything or have anymore questions then please ask away.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Hi Adrian   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Been thinking about you all day and also sent out thoughts and prayers for you last night too. Hope everything went well for you regarding work today? I think your explanation regarding spirit guides that you gave Fluffyangel is excellent, thank you for your input.
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi Pat, thank you for the comments re spirit guides. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers they are very much appreciated, unfortunately i was made redundant with immediate effect today, but never mind i am still positive thanks to everyone on this site and S & D.

Love,Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Adrian,

So sorry to hear about your redundancy, I know how upsetting it must be for you and your family. Another friend was made redundant today so I'm going to help him sort out a CV tomorrow. If I can help you in any way, any time, please just shout.
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Thank you so much Pat it's much appreciated Very Happy

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:03 am

hi adrian,thankyou for your helpful reply,and im very sorry to hear about yor reduncancy.thinking about what you said,yes i have sometimes known what someone was going to say before they said it and also my reply .ive also had the feelin sometimes of having been somewhere before even though i havent.and something else prob meaningless but was funny at time lol,we have couple market stalls,and one day i had a strong feeling that we would sell this hand knitted fairtrade cardigan that we had 4 a while ,it had been put away cos we didnt have much room,so i told my boyfriend about my feeling and we put it out ,with him laughing at me lol.well about ten minutes later a lady came by,stopped,looked at it and said ill take it please!i was really chuffed and couldnt stop smiling all day lol.
i have tried meditation a few times at home but sometimes get interupted by the kids.i also find it quite difficult to relax.we have a customer come to our stall who does dragon workshops,angel workshops,reiki,past life regression etc and i was telling her i had been looking for a local meditation class but couldnt find one,so she said no prob well set one up !apparantly she can do guided meditation.so that is what we are in process of doing at mo,just trying to find the place to it etc,so am really looking forward to that.hope im not waffling on and boring you loljust one more thing to tell you {i could chat all day,but have to go work in min lol}i keep tryin the odd meditation etc to try to get in touch with my gaurdian angel{i love angels}anyway,the other night i tried to do a little meditation,and asked my angel to appear lor give me a sign of being there,after a while nothing,and my back was really starting to hurt from sitting for a while,so i asked one last time for a sign,and then it was wierd,i felt my back being very very gently massaged and it felt lovely!! i dont know if this was my angel or just a feeling from sitting for some time,but i do feel it was my angel.well thanks again,you have made me re-think and maybe just maybe i have had a few psycic moments.i have also shared an experience of angelic help on here {i think its in the angelic encounters sction on here }well by for now fluffy x
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 am

Hi Fluffyangel, Thanks for the comments re my redundancy. Its a great story regarding the cardy, it just shows you that you do have psychic abilities. Its brill that you have found someone to set up a meditation circle - that just goes to show that it was meant to be Laughing . I loved the back massage you received following your meditation - i am convinced it was your angels giving you a helping hand (pardon the pun). Lovely talking to you and looking forward to chatting again.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:40 am

hi thanks,i really hope it was my angel.ive tried meditating a couple of times since to try again with my angel,but dont seem able to relax easily at the moment.the havent been in touch with the lady about starting meditation classes for a while,but hopefully we will still go ahead with it.but i have found out about a psychic awareness class once a month nearby so will be starting that and also have a friend who is interested in going along,so hopefully will learn lots !
hope you are well,fluffy Smile xx
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Red Cloud   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:45 am

Got Red Cloud's biography through the post today. Can't wait to start reading it. I am excited! I'm wondering if I will get a sense of de ja vu??!! Will let you know. Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:48 am

Hi Lyn, Thats fantastic news, I hope you really enjoy it and please let me know if you do experience anything.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi Lyn,

Glad you got your book. Look forward to hearing what happens when you read Red Cloud biography. :study:
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:45 am

Evening Pat and Adrian!

Red Cloud's biog is really good! But his dad and grandad were called Red Cloud, as was a cousin and his son!!!

There is a sad incident that happened on the day of his wedding to Pretty Owl which shows what a sensitive man he was. He was also a great leader of his people.

I haven't felt any de ja vu as yet. But there were a few white men involved with the tribe, and at the end of his life he was living on a reservation and had more contact with the white man. He also spent time visiting President Grant.

It is a great read and I am getting really into it! My spine is tingling as I write this so I know 'someone' is around me!

Will let you know how I get on with the rest of the book! Might just have to order all the other NI titles I have on my Amazon wish list!!

Take care Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi Lyn

Your Red Cloud book sounds really interesting and pleased you're enjoying it. Also pleased you've got back on line so soon, our Enigma came to see me yesterday and we did the polar bear meditation together at 9pm. My mate Pat also did it too, really enjoyed it, I think it's a cracking idea doing these group meditations. Have you ever read 'Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee', or seen the film (all NI actors in that)? It's excellent and a very powerful true story. There were several white men and women who helped NI's during that time. 'Trail of Tears' is also very moving, bought that book many years ago, but never got around to reading it as I never had the time. By the time I found time, I'd lost the book. Last night when I was having some healing I picked up a NI called Running Deer, still trying to find out more about him and another NI I keep seeing who's an old man with grey hair who looks like he could be Apache. Ever since I began doing those Totem animal meditations a few months ago, NI's seem to be cropping up constantly. Hope you're feeling chilled out after your break. Look forward to hearing if you get more NI occurences happening around you. :study:
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Will look out for those books. The NI have some wonderful names don't they? Some of the names I have come across in this book are Wears War Bonnet, Walks As She Thinks, Pine Leaf, Pretty Owl, Man Afraid Of His Horse, and many other wonderful names!!

Maybe we could all think of an NI name we would like to be called, along the lines of the above, to do with our hobbies, opinions or phobias?!

She Who Talks With Spirits would be a good one for you Pat! I would probably be Woman Who Likes Chocolate!!

xxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Red Cloud's Autobiography   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:52 pm

I finished reading this book this evening. I have to say it was a fantastic read! I didn't get any sense of de ja vu, but then I suppose it was a long shot. Although there was contact with the white people, the book concentrated on Red Cloud's 'Indian Years' before he lived on the reservation.

I always knew the NI hunted and were nomadic, but to read about it from the point of view of someone who had lived it was very informative. From a modern point of view, and somewhat squeamish (!) I did find the scalpings and details of raids abit off putting, but that is the way of life they led and had always done so. And there was so much more to them as a people than that.

The book didn't really go into the spiritual beliefs. But there are others that have been recommended that I will read for that! They were accounts by Red Cloud himself about the achievements of his people, stories that had been told around camp fires and in lodges, and also some stories told by traders with the NI.

I am glad I read this and learning more about the NI way of life, but although I have learnt more about Red Cloud himself, I have to say that I don't feel any closer to him as a spirit guide.

But I always have and remain drawn to the NI people and way of life as a whole and will be reading much, much more!!!

Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:31 pm

ah found your review lyn,sounds like a good read although i have to say i am veeeery squeamish too,so i would have to read certain parts with my eyes closed lol.shall be looking on amazon now xxx
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Ha! You will be so engrossed you won't really notice until afterwards!!! Let me know wht books you get and what you think! xx
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:12 am

Pat, I've put Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee book and DVD, plus Trail Of Tears book on my Amazon wishlist. Will get them soon! Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My interests in Native Indians
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next