Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Popular artist?

Go down 
+5
fluffyangel
Brigantia
orangepoppy
Dandelion
lunarlady
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:41 pm

I have noticed at least 2 other avateurs ( sorry about spelling! ) on this site, besides my own, are pictures by one of my favourite artists, Josephine Wall. Is it just coincidence, or are they fans as well? For those who have not heard of her, try looking her up on Google, you will not be disappointed!Love Val. xxx sunny
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Dandelion

Female
Number of posts : 14

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Pictures   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi Val

I love your picture will have a look at the web site on google for Josephine Wall, I will need help with attaching a piture to my profile.

Take care

Janet
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Attach pic to profile   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:48 pm

I had no idea how to do this, until I had help from cherrybug! When you have found a pic you like on a web-site, click on file, then save, which should save it to your pics. Then go to the profile page on this site & click on avateur, which tells you how to install it. The instructions are easy, or I would not have been able to do it! Hope this is helpful, love Val. xxx :asmile:
Back to top Go down
orangepoppy
orangepoppy

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Hiya Val,
I had no idea my avator was by Josephine Wall until I read your post and googled her name to have a look!! When I was looking for one I googled for Capricorn pics and I fell totally in love with my pic. I use it all over the place, even Facebook, so it's more of a signature for me now. Had a look at her other work, just beautiful.
Elaine xxx
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Hi Elaine.   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:12 pm

I am thrilled to tell you I actually met Josephine Wall Last year. I first discovered her when G and I stayed a few days at a wonderful 5-star B and B on the island, called Enchanted Manor ( see their web-site also!). The whole place is done out in a mystical theme, and her pictures adorn all the rooms, and several other places as well! A few weeks after we stayed there, G and I were at an event over here, when we bumped in to the lovely couple who own the B and B, and Josephine, who is a close friend of theirs, was with them! Love Val. xxx :friends:
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:10 am

Just had a look at her website - what breathtakingly gorgeous paintings!

Painting is one of my hobbies, but I could never produce something as beautiful as that . . .

:rose:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:54 am

what kinds of things do you like to paint brigantia,and what paint medium do you use?i also paint xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.blardyblart.co.uk
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:11 am

Hi Fluff!

I like to paint landscapes/seascapes and animals. Watercolour and gouache. Can't seem to get the hang of acrylics . . .
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:19 am

ive never used gouache -hope i spelt that right lol,do ya have any on internet or anywhere i can look at,i love looking at other peoples workxx oh lol and what are gouache like to paint with?do they dry quick etc or are they like oils?xx
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:35 am

I generally use gouache to touch up parts of watercolour paintings, like whiskers on animals and that sort of thing. You can make gouache as thick or as thin as you like, so that they're quite versatile. Not transparent like watercolours, but opaque, so you can paint over your mistakes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:39 am

I was trying to upload a painting, but can't seem to manage it!!

Carole xx
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:29 am

Popular artist? Rat
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:34 am

Popular artist? DSC03728_exposure016

Managed it! (see above and previous reply)
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:52 am

Hi,

Love your artwork Briganita, particularly the mouse. You're a very talented artist, thank you for sharing your work with us. Would love to see more if you ever want to post pics.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:32 pm

wow ! their fantastic,love them.i had a go at doing a dog last week....to no avail lol,i give up on animals.next time i go to my fave art shop i going to invest in some gouache,can you use them on canvas and watercolour paper? xx
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Popular artist? 807720877614
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:27 pm

ah managed to get pic on lol :happy1: its called WOMAN,and tries to show how dark and lonely it can sometimes feel to be a woman xx
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:32 pm

You have more imagination than I, Fluffy! I usually stick to simple representation.

Nearly finished a tiger tonight, just have to add a few final touches . . .
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:47 pm

wish i could do animals :hissy: lol,would love to see it when its done.i will try to get some pics of my watercolours on they brighter and prettier lol xx
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:30 am

fluffyangel wrote:
wow ! their fantastic,love them.i had a go at doing a dog last week....to no avail lol,i give up on animals.next time i go to my fave art shop i going to invest in some gouache,can you use them on canvas and watercolour paper? xx

Hi Fluffy

I just use gouache on ordinary watercolour paper - the 320 gsm and above type, any lighter and it will buckle when you paint on it.

C xx
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 138

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Oh wow they are amazing!! I would love to be able to paint, But its not meant for me..
love to see more...love debbie xx
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Special talents!   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Wow! What some talented members we have on here. I couldn't draw to save my life, but I wish I could! Well done! Love Val. xxx sunny
Back to top Go down
KirstyM
Reg Member
Reg Member
KirstyM

Female
Number of posts : 96

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Brigantia your rat painting is gorgeous! I used to have pet rats many years ago..

Love Kirsty xx
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:05 am

Thanks Kirsty! I smiled when I saw your 'badger' avatar - I used to have a 'husky' rat nicknamed 'the Badger'!

Carole xx
Back to top Go down
lucylilley

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:13 pm

:huga: CAn we have an art page ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Popular artist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popular artist?   Popular artist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Popular artist?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiritual Quest :: Welcome... :: Notebook for Newbies-
Jump to: