Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Share | 

Getting In Touch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Getting In Touch   Sat May 23, 2009 12:56 pm

How do I get in touch with my spirit guide(s)?

I've tried those guided meditations on CDs and 'free-range' meditation where I state my intention and just wait and see what comes through.

Don't seem to have had much luck so far.

Have you any tips, please??

Carole xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting In Touch   Sun May 24, 2009 12:28 am

id be very interested in tips/ideas for this too please :happy1: xx
have great bank holiday everyone sunny xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blardyblart.co.uk
lili123
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting In Touch   Mon May 25, 2009 2:33 am

Currently reading a book by Sonia Choquette on Spirit Guides (i am currently having a lot of intense visions which i havent requested or had any training for so i need to go back square one and try and understand what the hell is going on) and her first piece of advice is that because spirit guides work at a higher vibration, we too need to raise our vibrational level to access their frequency. This means that even if you follow all the meditations and say the right things if your higher self isnt vibrating high enough it still wont get the connection you need.

I would research into how to raise your vibrational level before attempting to connect for the moment. Methods include:

• Eating the right foods
  • Drinking enough water
  • Avoiding toxins like alcohol, drugs, smoking, negative energy inc media/places/people
  • Meditating Frequently
  • Receiving some healing/chakra balancing
  • Working with crystals to raise your vibrations
  • Listening to music/Dancing
  • Excercising regularly
  • Embracing nature or the environment
  • Writing to your spirit guides
  • Getting enough sleep/rest
  • House plants/pets in the home attract spirits
  • Visiting sacred places i.e places of worship/stone circles/burial sites
Raising your vibrational level as high as you can take it also means, accoring to Sonia, that you attract the highest and best spirit guides. Always REQUEST that you want to work with the highest spirit guides as you can get lower spirit guides, who are still very helpful and trying to help, but still have their own emotional baggage from their time on Earth and arent as 'pure' as the higher frequencies. If in doubt request your guardian angel to step in and bring forth the best guides. Sonia also says that if you receive a piece of advice that just doesnt feel right, then thats ok, just write it down and burn it and let it go. Sometimes the spirit guides dont have the best of advice as they are still bogged down with human perceptions on things and its fine to disagree. Angels arent like that. They work entirely for the higher good, but can not advise.

The second point is that spirit guides dont always come through as people. They can come through as any kind of symbolic object/person/animal/sound that can guide us. Spirit has no physical form, in fact, and i quote Sonia's tutor here 'the physical form is the most unreliable part of spirit', so dont assume you will see what you think you will see because you wont. Some people apparently see lights, pools of water, animals, pieces of furniture, places. But they all give the guidance.

The third, most important point, is do you actually want their guidance or do you just want to be comforted and told your right? This is apparently a common block and one i used to get. I simply had nothing i felt the need to be guided on so my guides had no need to come forward. If you decide that actually, you dont have any questions to ask, you can still thank and greet your guides but they wont be as forthcoming. It may be best you invoke your guardian angels as they can manifest and intercept things for you instead rather then advise you on what to do next.

I hope this helps??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fairydancer

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Getting in touch with a Spirit Guide   Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:53 am

Good morning all,

Just a quick word on getting in touch with spirit guides. I have been trying for a long time to do this - years in fact. I get very procative about it for a period of time and then it tends to wane. However, I think I may have had a breakthrough last night.

I have concentrated on asking for the name of my guide for some weeks now and was beginning to lose heart. I have been doing this whilst in bed during the time I am very relaxed, just before sleep takes over, hoping that a name would come to me. Well, last night it did ! The name in my head is 'Babaweo'. I have no conscious idea where this comes from and when I realised it was going round and round my head I started to get excited. I got up and wrote it down (01.30hrs) and couldn't get back to sleep. I wanted to get onto the pc straight away to see what information I could get. Anyway, I waited until this morning but can't seem to get anything that means too much sense to me. Apparently it's a Swahili word that means 'stepfather'.

As I haven't had any connections at all with anything Swahili and I haven't got a stepfather, it's all a bit baffling. My next plan is to try and ask a few more questions but if anyone out there can give me some advice or shed any light on this I'd love to hear your views.

Speak soon

XXXXXXX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting In Touch   

Back to top Go down

Getting In Touch
Page 1 of 1