Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Favourite Position?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Enigma
Admin
Admin
Enigma

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Favourite Position? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Position?   Favourite Position? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:53 pm

I prefer to sit up on a hard backed chair, but I know others who prefer to lie down etc, which is your favourite position for meditation and why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dandelion
Dandelion

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Position?   Favourite Position? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:00 am

Hi

I like to be horizontal when doing meditation, however, I was in the shopping centre at the Escape nr J32 and in one of the shops was a meditation cushion it was only £9 very well made and heavy, I should of got it then I could try the sitting crossed leg position.

Take care

Janet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Cross-leg position   Favourite Position? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:08 am

That cushion sounds good that you saw at Xscape. I'd love to sit cross-legged like yoga practitioners do, when they meditate. I'm that stiff these days (with old age) I'd never get my legs uncrossed again if I did. Oh to be young and flexible again.

clairvacant
clairvacant

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Position?   Favourite Position? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:48 pm

I like to be sitting in a comfy but quite hard chair, although sometimes people pass on guided meditation
c.d's to me and if I use these I lay down. Not sure why.
I would also like to sit in the cross legged position, but on the few occasions I've tried this I have pins and
needles five minutes in, so thats definately no good for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Golden Angel
Golden Angel

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Position?   Favourite Position? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:10 am

I must admit i prefer to lay on my massage table when i meditate, as i sit with all good intentions on having a good posture then end up drooped over lol, so this works best for me. Favourite Position? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Position?   Favourite Position? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:35 am

Hi Golden Angel,

Sorry haven't had much of an opportunity to chat to everybody for a while (mainly as my computer's been timing out whenever I've tried to access SQ on internet, and been very busy recently with family and other commitments too), so many apologies!

Favourite Position? 897100 for joining SQ forum, I hope you'll find lots of useful info on here. I'm currently working on a piece on Ribbon readings at moment, it's almost ready. I'm also going to post an Alison Day's free Learn to Read Tarot course link in my Tarot session too which I feel any members interested in learning tarot will find invaluable.

Laying on a massage table is definitely my idea of heaven, so I'd be more likely to fall asleep laid down on one Favourite Position? Lol . I do know what you mean about ending up drooping over if you meditate sitting up. When I meditate I usually sit on my sofa with both feet on the floor, with my head laid on back of sofa supported by a cushion, so my head doesn't end up on my chest or falling back. Favourite Position? 78682

Look forward to chatting to you again.

Love Pat xxx

Golden Angel
Golden Angel

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Position?   Favourite Position? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:59 am

Hello Pat, thank you for the lovely welcome, i will check out them links you have mentioned. Look forward to chatting with you, love GA Favourite Position? 793301
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Position?   Favourite Position? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Position?
Page 1 of 1