Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

strange feeling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-04-18

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:05 am

i have tried meditating quite a few times over last few months,and i have to say im not too good at it yet,although a couple of times ive done ok.but anyway ill get to the point lol,the night before last i tried,i put on my music,sat comfortably and tried to relax and concentrate on the here and now.i did this with my eyes closed{not sure which way your supposed to do it,eyes open or closed}anyway i felt my concentration wandering so decided to open my eyes and concentrate on one of the candle flames.this i managed for a while without my mind wandering,but i noticed that my arms began to get really heavy{they were resting on my knees,i had my legs crossed},after a while,my arms still heavy,i began to have a strange feeling like something bad was about to happen it was quite scary and spooky,i tried to make it go away and relax again but it wouldnt i felt err panicky i think is the word.it wouldnt go so i came out of meditation position.what does this mean or does it mean nothing it was wierd lol
confused fluffyxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.blardyblart.co.uk
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-04-07

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi Fluffy. I know it is hard when you are entering in to the unknown, but I think you should follow your instincts, and as long as you don't feel that anything bad is about to happen, you should try to go with it, and see what happens. I say this because of an experience I had about 10 years ago, and there is nothing to suggest that this is what would have happened to you, but because I was terrified of what was happening at the time, I fought against it instead of going with it, but now I know more I probably should have gone with it. I had been in bed for just a few minutes ( I was definitely NOT asleep!), when I felt a tugging at my feet, and felt my feet start to rise from the bed, and in small, tugging motions, my whole body started to pull away, although I was physically still led flat on the bed, until just my head was still lying on the pillow, with the rest of me at right-angles to it. Well, my only knowledge of out of body experiences was associated with death, I knew nothing then of astral travelling, so felt I had to fight against it, and desperately held on to the pillow, until I started to come down again. I was too scared to even tell anyone for years, until I got chatting , by accident, about such things to a taxi driver (!), who had had many such experiences, and started to fill me in on it all. Well since then I have researched the subject, so know more about what is going on. In recent years, I was told by a psycic that I knew she was right about whatever the subject was, because I had been shown but that the experience had frightened me, but the object had not been to frighten me but to show me. I can't remember the details now, but I remember that at the time it was relevant to this. Hope this is of some help to you. Love Val. xxx :meditate:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:16 am

thankyou val.it was quite scary because i didnt know what was happening,i just know my body felt different to all the other times ive meditated,but wasnt sure if its because i felt very very relaxed that time.but the feeling of being anxious,that something bad was going to to happen was wierd.but maybe its like you explained to me,and nothing to be scared of at all in which case its fantastic :happy1: i cant wait for it to happen again and just go with it and see what happens.taxi driver lol,its strange the people you end up chatting to about things!!!
i have finally got around to organisibg with a customer{now friend} a spiritual group for meditating etc.im really excited about this as this friend does guided meditation.she has a small therapy room at her house{she does reiki,past life regression,etc}where we are going to arrange monthly meetings to discuss spirituality and do a meditation at the end.as i said its only small room for about 6 people,weve just put the poster/leaflet together so going to start advertising at our stall next week to see if we can get people to join{hopefully there will be some interest cos theres nothing like it around us.and i will be trying meditation again today to see what happens again.have a great day,love fiona xx
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-04-07

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi Fiona. Glad that has made you feel happier. Good luck with the group, and I would love to know how you get on. I think small groups are the best, this is how I studied all my spiritual enlightenment topics ( Reiki 1 and 2, Meditation and Tarot ), with tutors in the back room of a local New Age shop. The room always has a lovely, healing feeling when you go in. Much love, Val. xxx :angel:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:24 am

ill keep you posted,im feally excited about it,and like you say should be good only being a small local group and i cant wait to try meditation with others,only ever done it on my own so will be a new experience for me,plus hopefully it will lead to learning lots more things xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:51 am

Hi Fluffy,

Really pleased to hear about the group for meditation. :friends: It's nearly always much better to work in a group when you first start. The fact you have a leader and people around you should help to stop that 'fear' factor, when you are meditating. Usually if your body feels heavy, that's because you are very relaxed. Also focusing your attention on the candle would probably have helped that deep state of relaxation, as does concentrating on your breathing. Look forward to hearing more about your group experiences.
:ghug:
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:14 am

thanks pat.i am really looking forward to it.i was really dissapointed with myself doing the moon meditation last night{had a bad cough/cold for over a week}and couldnt stop coughing enough to relax,i really wanted to reach the same stage i was at last time but it wasnt to be.hope it went well for you,and everyone else.have a great day looks like the suns set to shine again today sunny xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:22 am

Hi Fluffy, :huga:

Just posted a reply to say I found moon meditation more difficult to do. Sorry to hear you've got a cough, there's nothing worse for breaking your concentration.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

strange feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange feeling   strange feeling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

strange feeling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiritual Quest :: Psychic Awareness :: Meditation Discussions-
Jump to: