Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Share | 

Hello folks, I'm new

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ginger

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Hello folks, I'm new   Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:17 am

Hello people, my name's Diane but you can call me Ginger (yes I am).

I've come here from the S&D forum as have lots of you, I see!

I guess I'm a bit of a dabbler, spiritually speaking.
I've been dowsing for twenty years, more for archaeology and earth energies than for psychic things. I've done some training in spiritual healing, reikis 1 and 2, feng shui, crystals, aromatherapy and a few other bits and bobs. I make nice herbal lip balm and incense, too!

More to the point, I have been heavily 'spooked' all my life by sensing presences and energies (hope I don't sound too fancy: hoping I'm amongst friends and all that), and am slightly loath to plunge into some things like reiki healing because I get slightly alarming flashes, psychically speaking, which I am not always happy about!

More recently dear mum has finally coughed up that I seem to come from a long line of village witchy types who 'found' things, etc. So, it's all inherited, I suspect...

PS got to use this icon because I just love it, so here goes, folks: :bouquet:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat R
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:50 am

:welcome: Ginger, pleased you've joined the forum. You sound like you've got a great deal of knowledge that you can share with us all.

Look forward to chatting to you again very soon. It's my son-in-law's birthday today, so just got to dash out. Hope you enjoy SQ.
:happy1:

Maitch
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:32 pm

:welcome: Ginger! I too have come from S & D. This is a fabulous forum - so many nooks and crannys!! And I like that one too :bouquet:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enigma
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm

Welcome to the forum ginger :asmile:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi Ginger and welcome to SQ, I would love the idea of coming from a line of witchy types as you put it!

I also have reiki one and preparing for reiki two at moment...love crystals, tarot and discovering angels..
look forward to chatting with you

love and light Debbie xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:26 am

welcome to the forum ginger. i'm peyton.

i love that you make your own incense. i love the stuff. i have one burning most nights so my house always smells of it. i tend to leave the ash overnight before clearing it away to help the smell last longer & fill the whole house.

i hope you're enjoying the forum.

peyton x
Back to top Go down
Ginger

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:37 am

Hello guys, thank you very much for the kind welcome.

Debbie: I was ecstatic at mum's mention of the witchy thing!!! I suspect that's all I'll ever get out of her, though... this is a woman who's frightened of trees, animals, and, basically, anything that's not man-made (whereas I'm the opposite!). She was talking about her Cumbrian grandad (yup: man not woman). I've since found out that the parish records of the area in question have reference to bewitchings. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of that one day! :bouquet:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lingem

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Hi Diane   Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Nice to see you on here too! Linda x :asmile:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
want2bhelped

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:05 pm

hi i am new to this so please could someone tell me wot to do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat R
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:48 am

:welcome: want2bhelped. So pleased you've joined SQ forum. You'll find lots of information about many psychic/spiritual/paranormal topics on here. Me and forum colleague Enigma have grouped information into separate areas because this makes it easier for members to find, reply or post stuff.

For instance: If you're interested in learning about Reiki :healing vibes: or chatting to members who are Reiki practioners, then you'll find Reiki stored under Healing Circle section (Please use Absent Healing Circle to request healing for yourself, your loved ones or your animals if you'd like that), When you click on Reiki to open that section, you'll see a list of all the posts people have written about Reiki. If you want to reply to any of those after you've read one, just click on the Reply button (located below the message box), type in your reply, then click Send button. If you want to start a new thread/topic then click on the New button, give your thread a name, type in the text and then click Send. You will receive an email notification whenever anyone replies to something you'e posted or replied to.

Under Members Only section you'll see My Page, you can set up your own special place in that area. My own page is called The Oracle's Den, but I've also posted something under My Page section called 'Pat's many interests' that has photos of some of the things I do, you'll see other members pages like Runa's Realm and Cherry's Lilypad in there too, so you can leave messages for them in there, but SQ also has a private messaging facility too, if you want some privacy. Just click on the PM button (located next to Log Out button at top of screen) to send a private message to anyone. No-one else can view those except the person you send the message to. The white area at top of SQ is a live chatroom, you can chat to members on there but as members pop onto the forum at different times, it's a matter of arranging a mutual time with other members whereby you can chat. (There's a Chatroom Diary where you can do that stored under Members Only).

Members Only section also has: The Spiritual Exchange where members can exchange books or items like cards etc they no longer want with each other, The Art Gallery where you'll see examples of members artwork, as well as Pearls of Wisdom and Poetry, Prayers and Affirmations, Chit Chat's an area where members can talk about anything (not just spiritual matters) a chill-out area.

The Religions and Beliefs system was set up to so members could see all the things people who share differing backgrounds/beliefs share in common, and learn a little about others beliefs so they could have a better understanding of each other. :friends: (I once thought Wicca and Paganism were the same, but now know they share much in common, but they are different.) It's good to know this as I have friends who are both Pagan and Wiccan, even though I'm a sort of Unitarian/Spiritualist myself.

You'll find instructions about Dowsing, dry tea-leaf reading and other psychic tools under Divination and chakra, auras, crystal and meditation information on here too. :meditate: There's also a lovely link stored under Angels and the Angelic Realms if you like angels. You'll find everything you're ever likely to want to know about Angels in there. :angel:

SQ was launched in March this year so it's still being added too. If there's anything you'd like adding, just let us know (ie The Spiritual Exchange was added 2 weeks ago after a SQ member suggested this).

Hope this helps you get started and you enjoy SQ. Look forward to chatting to you anytime. Pat xxx

PS To add smilies to a message, just click on any and it will appear wherever your cursor is sitting within the message text. :happy1:

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks, I'm new   

Back to top Go down

Hello folks, I'm new
Page 1 of 1