Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R Empty
PostSubject: The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R   The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:24 am

A Guided Meditation – The Japanese Garden by Pat R

This is a short meditation to help you to find your own special place of peace, your own inner sanctuary. In this meditation, you will visit a place of peace and tranquillity where you can escape life’s troubles and problems, recuperate, regenerate and revitalise yourself.

Imagine you are standing at the entrance of a Japanese garden. This Japanese garden has been designed to bring peace to all who walk through and around it. As you walk into the garden, you see Japanese Maple trees and bushes, and beautiful, vibrant coloured flowers. There are many different types of flowers and plants in this garden. None competing with each other, but each harmonising with the other, each one is content to be part of the whole.

You see a pathway made out of circular stones. Step onto these stones and walk along this path which runs between the trees. Remember to look at each tree and enjoy its colour and beauty, particularly the rich deep red of the Japanese Maples. Look down at the flowers and enjoy their beautiful colours. As you walk towards the centre of the garden, you hear running water. Here there is a fountain and a pool. There are benches here so you can sit by the water and draw peace from it, or you may choose to sit secluded amongst the bushes instead - enjoying everything, but remaining in the background.

Over the pool there is a lovely ornamental stone bridge. If you want to look down into the water, walk onto this bridge. The water is soothing and healing your inner spiritual self. In the water there are brightly coloured fishes swimming about. Flying around the flowers and bushes are brilliantly coloured butterflies. Above your head is a clear blue sky. A gentle breeze blows, as the sun shines its rays down upon you. Accept the healing rays of the sun and allow then to draw away any remaining stress or pain you feel. This is a place of tranquillity and peace. Feel the soft grass beneath your feet, smell the fragrance of the flowers. Let your material senses delight in the pleasures of this place.

Sit for a while and enjoy the peace. Open your mind and allow these pleasant conditions to awaken you to answers that lie deep within you. Sit for a short time and listen to the bird’s song, the soft sound of Japanese wind chimes, hear the running water and smell the fragrance of the flowers. Find deep inner peace and relaxation as you sit here.

When you feel ready to leave the garden and end this meditation, before you leave, take one last look around the Japanese garden. Remember - let the smells and sounds excite and awaken your senses. When you’re ready, walk away from the centre of the garden and back towards the entrance. As you walk through the gate at the entrance to the garden, you should now become aware that you’re leaving this environment and so start returning to full consciousness.

When you are ready, slowly open your eyes and become aware of your surroundings (so you're sure you've ended your meditation correctly). Wiggle your toes a little, or have a gentle stretch if you need to.

This is the end of my Japanese Garden Meditation.

(I've posted the following link for you. The short piece of music is taken from a CD called BONSAI GARDEN by Midori. It's one of my favourite pieces of meditation music and fits this meditation perfectly. I hope you like it too.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuBVB-9j1l4

(If you'd like to see the real garden that inspired me to create this Japanese Garden meditation, please open the following link. The Japanese Garden (which is also a Meditation Centre) is called PURELANDS. It's located in North Clifton, which is near Newark, Nottinghamshire. It's one of my very favourite places and I'd highly recommend a visit to this beautiful garden.)

http://www.businessballs.com/pureland_japanese_garden_meditation.htm

Jenny

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R   The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi Pat, beatiful pictures of the Japanese Garden, I will definately try your meditation.

Love
Jenny,x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cml

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R   The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R   The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Japanese Garden - Guided Meditation by Pat R
Page 1 of 1