Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

My interests in Native Indians

Go down 
+3
Pat R
DragonAngel
Adrian
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Adrian
Adrian

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-11

My interests in Native Indians Empty
PostSubject: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:27 am

Hi everyone, Pat has asked me to post a little something explaining my interest in the Native Indians so here goes.

My earliest recollection regarding my interest in Native Indians dates back to when I was a small child sharing a bedroom with my elder brother and younger sister. a number of times and always at night i saw a native indian in our bedroom - i don't know why but i was never scared nor did i ever speak of the sightings to anyone. the sightings stopped as i got older and we eventually moved house, however the odd thing was that (and i am hoping i'm not the only one who as done or experienced this LOL) if i stared at the clouds or virtually any type of patterned wall paper or carpet i could always see a NI.
As an adult i went to see a medium on a one to one basis and i was told that as well as my grandmother who was always standing next to me there was also a NI.This as happened many times whenever i have visited or had contact with a medium and therefore i started to try and connect with my NI guide, and i must say with a successful outcome. The only down side is that i can not quite get his name because so far he has only given it to me in Navaho (he comes from the Dine/Navaho family). This fact was also confirmed to me by a psychic/medium when i visited her shop and without me mentioning my guide to her, she asked me if i knew that i had a guide stood with me at all times and he was a Navaho chief/medicine man and she couldn't get his name as he was once again giving his name in Navaho.
Since then i have started to research the history and culture of the native indians and especially the Navaho. I decided that i would try and find a book on the history of the Navaho and searched the internet and to my surprise i found that there were hundreds available. there was one that i was really drawn to and so i spoke to Waterstones and they informed me that it was only available from New Mexico but they would see if they could get hold of a copy. Once again to my surprise they manged to get one delivered to my local store within a week. having read the book i actually found that an american soldier with the same surname as mine (its not a common surname) had tried to help get the Navaho children educated but had gone about it in the wrong manner and had in fact been beaten up by a Navaho Chief because of the way he handled the situation. Out of all the hundreds of books that i could have chosen, to find one with somebody with my surname in it (and who had tried to help the Navaho's) i believe was a sign and that is the reason I believe my Navaho guide is now with me (to prove that we as people can really work together).
Apart from my interest in the culture and history i have learnt many things from the NI, such as respect for everyone, Mother Earth, nature etc. The Ten Commandments which are posted on this forum really shows just how advanced and spiritual the Ni were and indeed still are to this day.
About two years ago a met a lovely lady who's name is Wilow, she is a shaman and practices shamanic healing. I have sat in a meditation circle with Willow and a few others and have experienced the real sound of a wolf howling (a number of us heard it) so I know it wasn't my imagination. previously the cards i used for tarot reading were a Celtic design but i have since been drawn to a Native Indian pack which has really inproved my readings. I have also started using medicine wheel cards for readings as well now and these are totally different from tarot. the spreads are especially different and I believe they give a more indepth reading especially to answer spiritual questions and life issue questions. I have found that i relax and enjoy better meditation session if i am listening to NI music. Prior to a reading or meditation session I use sage (a herb that the NI used as a purification method) which you light to smudge the room which purifys that room and expels all negativity. the sage is also used to cleanse the cards i am using and also myself prior to reading. Within the room where I carry out my readings i have a totem pole and various other artifacts that relates to the NI.
I could actually go on and on all day about this subject (i have probably bored most of you to tears already) so I will call it a day for now but if anyone has any questions or wishes to find out any more than please feel free to let me know. I can recommend a very good book which is entitled "Meeting the medicine men" by Charles Langley which i believe would be a very good starting point if you wish to discover more about the Ni traditions, beliefs and culture. anyway sorry for boring you LOL.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:57 am

Far from being boring Adrian!!!

I have no-where near your knowledge or experience of Native Indians. All I know is that I have always been drawn to them. I always got a sense of injustice that their lands were taken from them and they were forced to change their way of life. I love NI music and images. When Pat put photographs of her Angel ornament collection onto Facebook, I was immediately drawn to the Native Indian!!

I haven't found out for sure if I have an NI spirit guide, but I was a few months ago walking into work and I was daydreaming. The dream took the form of an audience type setting where I was in the audience and the 'speaker' picked on me and said "Let me introduce you to your spirit guide. His name is John." I actually replied instaneously out loud (luckily there was no one around me!) "No, his name is Red Cloud!" I stopped in my tracks as I had absolutely no idea where that announcement had come from. It shook me up a bit!! If I sit quietly now, sometimes I get an image of a red cloud of dust and a figure within of someone kicking up the red earth by dancing. Maybe that is how he got his name? Again, I don't know whether all this is my imagination!!

Yesterday, I googled Red Cloud and found there was an Indian by this name and there have been books written about him! I have put one of these books into my Amazon wish list and will definately be getting it!! If there is a description of him in there that describes how he got his name and it is the same as mine, then maybe it is not my imagination!!! I would love to have a medium tell me, like you, that he is stood with me.

Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Thank you for sharing your NI experiences   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:08 am

Hi Adrian,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences about how you first came to be drawn to Native Indians, I found these totally fascinating, and I'm sure other members will too. I think it's wonderful that your Navajo guide seems to have been with you for most of your life, as you saw him in your bedroom when you were a child. I definitely hope you'll share more of your experiences on here soon and I look forward to reading these.

I've just posted a link to First People which I think you might like. This site is includes NI Poems & Prayers and Words of Wisdom from all NI tribes (including Navajo). It has info on American Indian Legends and there's also galleries of NI photographs for you to look at too. Who knows, you may find your Navajo chief amongst these?
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
Spirit
Spirit

Female
Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Hi Adrian   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:18 am

I would also like to thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. I only found s and d and this forum about a week ago and I am very glad I did. Look forward to hearing more from you.
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for your kind comments, DragonAngel i to feel that you have a guide stood next to you and my gut instinct is that you are correct in his name - Red Cloud, he is a very brave man but also filled with honesty, compassion and he is a great healer - his dancing is part of his healing ceremony although i don't feel he is a medicine man i feel he possessed healing qualities. Please let me know if you find out anything about him (again my gut reaction say's he was a member of the sioux family).
On a seperate note as some of you who belong to the S & D forum might know I have recently celebrated my 40th birthday and my wife kindly said she would pay for a NI tattoo for me, the were two that i was drawn too, one being a medicine man and the other a chief. the tattooist printed both designs out on paper several times but when she tried to print them out onto the actual clear transfer paper only the chief would print out (she tried numerous times to print out the medicine man on the transfer paper and it just wouldn't print but oddly it would print on normal paper). Turning up on the day i was due to have the tattoo done, the tattooist told me what had happened and she said she felt that the medicine man was already with me by my side hence that is why it wouldn't print out, she knew nothing about me with regards to tarot, medicine wheel readings etc - but she will now be having a reading from me this week. anyway i digress again sorry i just can't seem to help myself when i get on the subject of the NI.

Pat thank you for the chance to pass on my love for the NI, we all could learn so much from them.

Spirit - thank you for your kind words.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 pm

That problem with printing the tattoo was a definate sign as to which one to have!!

Thanks for your words about Red Cloud. Just looking at the pictures of him on the website that Pat recommended makes my spine tingle. There are many books about him and mentions on websites, including his last speech to his people. I will be doing a lot of reading about him! I don't know much about the different tribes, but I think he was Lakota?? If my Red Cloud is this one - he could be another one named in his honour. Did the NI do that? Or were they given their names by the things that they did? Like in the film Dancing With Wolves? Still very much a novice, but very much drawn to the NI! Willing to learn and want to find out much more!!! Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi DragonAngel, Your Red Cloud is the same one, i just feel it. Lakota and sioux are one and the same. I agree with your comment ref the tattoo.

Love, light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Visions   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Adrian, Good Morning!! Just wanted to share with you what happened as I woke up not so long ago.

I woke to the sound of wooden beads on wood, and the image I had was of a wooden instrument. I then had very clear and colourful images of great plains and mountains. It was then as if I was stodd behind a man looking down on the back of his neck at a wound he had. It was a very deep and long neck wound that had been very crudely stitched. I couldn't see any blood and it looked more like an old scar. It went from the left side of his neck just under his skull, along the top of his neck and down the right side to the top of his right shoulder. He was holding his hair out of the way to show me. No words were spoken. I then saw the name Laura written down. I tried to hold onto the images and get more, but I was starting to properly wake up at that point and it all faded. I wrote it down straight away and the images will always stay with me. What do you make of them?

Hope you have a lovely day!! I am off to work soon. Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:41 pm

Morning DragonAngel, thats fantastic, i would say and this is just my gut instinct that you had a glimpse of a previous life, I feel that in that life you were Laura and I think you were helping this man - was he a native indian? I hope this vision comes to you again and maybe you will get a clearer picture. I think its brilliant - have you tried speaking to the Great Spirit as the NI called God, try speaking to him and ask for clear signs from him and to show you more of what you have seen. The gift is inside us all to see beyond.

enjoy your day.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi!! He felt like an NI and the whole vista looked like the American Plains. It never even occurred to be that this could be a past life vision!!! Laura doesn't sound like an NI name to me!! I thought maybe it was confirmation that my Spirit Guide is NI and maybe it was him who had the wound? But it all felt so real. The images were crystal clear and not fuzzy at all. I have asked Red Cloud for confirmation though the more I read about him, the more I get a real sense that it is him. Will focus on these images as I go through my day. Thanks Adrian! xx
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi DragonAngel, I would say that you could be right and that he is Red Cloud. ref you being Laura - you could quite easily have been a civilian who helped the NI rather than a NI yourself and maybe that is why Red Cloud is helping you now as a guide. Just a thought.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:00 am

Hi Adrian! Definately something to think about! And ponder on! Thanks for the chat this morning! I'll go into work with a smile on my face this morning!!! Lyn xx :bouquet:
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Past Lives and Spirit guides   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:04 am

Morning Lyn,

Really pleased you're getting more proof regarding Red Cloud. Please keep us updated if you pick anything else up like you did in your dream. I agree with Adrian's theory about Laura.

Past lives could explain why some people are drawn to particular countries, or beliefs in their present life. It also makes sense that some spirit guides could be people we once knew in a past life. When I was 16 years old, mom and I were going to emigrate to live in Saskatchewan in Canada. While we were waiting for our applications to be processed, my mother developed pneumonia and was very ill. Mom then decided we should abandon our plan to emigrate. As we knew no-one in Canada, mom was afraid if she became ill again and died, I would be left alone over there, so we decided to stay in the UK. I've often wondered what my life might have been like if we'd gone. I did feel drawn to Canada, particularly to Saskatchewan. (Did you know, after Sitting Bull defeated Custer at Little Big Horn, he led his people up to Saskatchewan. Some Sioux still live in Wood Mountain area of Saskatchewan today?)

Hope you have a good day.
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Native Indian Tatoos   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:08 am

Morning Adrian,

Saw this earlier and it made me think about you.

http://www.tattoodesign.com/gallery/native

Please keep posting your NI experiences, they're really interesting.
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks Pat! The images are still vivid although the reality of them are fading after being at work, if that makes sense? If anything else happens I will post it here! Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi Pat thanks for the link i will have a look and see if anything takes my fancy.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:31 pm

A Cherokee Prayer :pray:

O' Great Spirit help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence.

Native Indian Proverbs

Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf

Friendship between two persons depends upon the patience of one

Look twice at a two faced man

O Great Spirit, help me never judge another until I have walked two weeks in his moccasins

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Navajo Chant and Sioux Prayer   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:45 am

While I was searching through a drawer yesterday, I came across this Navajo Chant and Sioux Prayer. (My ex-partner and I used this particular Navajo Chant for 'deliverance' work.)
Navajo Chant

Today I will walk out in the air, my element, as fishes walk out in the water. Today I will breath deeply in my element. so all Evil will flee at the sight of my body. Today I will be as I always have been. A blue light will be in my body. I will have a light body. Today I will be happy forever. Nothing can stop it. My words will be beautiful.

I walk with beauty before me,
I walk with beauty behind me,
I walk with beauty below me,
I walk with beauty all around me.
Under the Guiding Light of the Great Spirit.

In beauty it is finished.
Sioux Prayer

O our Father, the Sky, hear us and make us strong
O our Mother the Earth, hear us and give us support
O Spirit of the East send us your Wisdom
O Spirit of the South may we tread your path of life
O Spirit of the West, may we always be ready for the long journey
O Spirit of the North, purify us with your cleansing winds.
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:07 am

Hi Pat, love the Navaho chant especially and also the sioux prayer. Thank you so much for posting them. I will certainly try using the chant.

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
Adrian
Adrian

Male

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:49 am

Good afternoon DragonAngel, i hope you are enjoying your weekend :asmile: , Just wondering if you have had any more visions or images or any other development regarding Red Cloud? thought you might find this interesting as well.

Lakota Instructions for Living

Friend do it this way - that is,
whatever you do in life,
do the very best you can
with both your heart and mind

and if you do it that way,
the Power of the Universe
will come to your assistance,
if your heart and mind are in unity

when one sits in the Hoop of the People
one must be responsible because
all of Creation is related
and the hurt of one is the hurt of all.
and the honour of one is the honour of all.
and whatever we do effects everything in the universe.

if you do it that way - that is
if you truly join your heart and mind
as one - whatever you ask for,
thats the way its going to be

White Buffalo Calf Woman

Love, Light & Blessings

Adrian
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Last posting!   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 pm

I love that last posting Adrian! I will be printing that off and keeping it! Thank you!

No, I haven't had any more visions. I think maybe I am trying too hard! The last ones came to me as I was waking up and in a really relaxed state of mind. Every morning since then on waking I lie there and hope for more insights, but nothing as yet. Maybe I should not think about getting any more and they may appear!

Do Spirit Guides come into your life for any particular reason? Knowing you have something in your life or coming up that they need to be with you? Or are they there anyway? Or is meditation the only way to find out?

I ask because I have a particular worry at the moment and I wondered if Red Cloud was here to see me through that? Don't want to publish the details on here! May seem daft but I don't feel comfortable 'meeting' him in meditation and coming face to face with him, that kind of freaks me a bit, although I am comfortable about knowing he is with me and in my life. Does that make sense?!

Have a lovely rest of the weekend!! Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Hi Lyn   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi Lyn,

To answer your question about if spirit guides come into your life at a particular time for a particular purpose, the answer (in my experience) is yes. Some of mine have made themselves known, then didn't appear to do anything, seemed to go
away for a while, but re-appeared at specific times in my life, when I was at a point in my life where they could do the most good for me (hope this makes sense). Frances came into my life in early 1980's, but didn't really begin her work until late 1980's - early 1990's which is the time I took up word processing classes, which later led me into taking up teaching as a career. It wasn't until agbout 6 months after I enrolled on my teaching course, that I found out Frances had also been a tutor, before that I'd always thought of her as just a nun. They often wait until the time is right and we are spiritually ready for what they have to give us, I'm sure you are ready now.

Hope this helps, please email me if I can help any further.
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: Thanks Pat.   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:57 pm

I do feel ready. I'm sure that is why I had those visions and felt drawn to all I read about Red Cloud online. I do meditate, but still feel unsure about doing a guided meditation to meet him. Like I said in my previous post, there is an issue I am concerned about, so could my spirit guide be there to help with that? He won't get fed up of waiting for me to make up my mind to ask him about it will he?! Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Spirit guides will wait as long as you need them too, until you're ready, unlike many of us, spirit have lots of patience. There is no time (as we know it) in spirit, so what seems long a long wait to us, is nothing to them. They also have prior knowledge of what's going to happen too, so they have a good idea what we are going to do, before we do it.

I'm using Totem Animal meditations with my awareness group, girls are getting really good results from these (so am I). It's a lovely way of becoming attuned to spirit guides and receiving messages. NI believed totem animals are spirit guides in animal form. Most people feel comfortable being confronted in meditation by an animal or bird, whereas they are often very nervous about coming face to face with a guide for the first time. Totem animals are there to help us face our fears and to give us good advice which is very appropriate to situations that are around us. Let me know if you think totem animal meditation may help you.
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female

PostSubject: totem animals   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:21 pm

When Gunner did a reading for me he said he saw an eagle and thought it was my animal spirit guide. So maybe what you suggest is a good idea! How does it work? Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My interests in Native Indians   My interests in Native Indians Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My interests in Native Indians
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next