Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Opening the doors...

Go down 
+9
fluffyangel
SirenMoonBee
Pat R
Maeshadow
Brigantia
Dandelion
lunarlady
Runa
dreamer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Opening the doors... Empty
PostSubject: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:55 am

Hi Everyone, :bouquet:
My journey with Reiki started the fall of last year. Was given a flyer of a Reiki teacher in my town. But it took me a good few weeks to get round to doing anything about it. I had no idea what to expect so I didn't have any preconceptions.
Over a course of 8 treatments ( 8 weeks) I experienced the most beautiful colours, :meditate: mainly purple, it would wash over me and swirl around me. It was liked being washed with colour if that makes sense. I also see splashes of green, pink and one time everything went orange!
One of the nicest things I have exprienced with reiki was a flowing white light that came from above me. And lifted me up, it was a white I can not give justise too. I felt like I was floating, abolutly amazing. Its only ever happen twice...
The other things are peoples faces, some are elderly, some young. Occassionally I have seen them several times during sessions. I have know idea who these people are, but there is a :ghug: comfort when they are around.
I also see animals, domestic dogs, deer, and loinesses not sure yet what it all really means... it's like been shown a snap shot then it fades...
I took my 1st attunement in the fall of last year. Then I personally hit an emotional brick :hissy: wall ( some of you may read about this on s&d) in November and have struggled to clear it, but with the Reiki brick by brick it's coming down...

I Know Reiki is a wonderful tool for want of a better word to heal your self and others...

I love giving :healing vibes: Reiki to friends or people I don't know.. Just to watch their face afterwards and listen to their expriences...
One of the lessons I am learning from Reiki is to love myself.. I am just as important as the next person.. and no matter what people do , look behind them as to thier motives or their fears...and forgive them... :angel: ( Oooooh thats a tuffy for me )...
Anyway I have been meaning to write that for ages.. have rambled on enough now

Love and light to you all love Debbie xx

( p.s pls excuse my spelling lol)
Back to top Go down
Runa
Reg Member
Reg Member
Runa

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Ahhhh....   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:15 am

Bless you Debbie - what a lovely post to read :thug:

I hope one day to learn how to give Reiki too :healing vibes: healing and love are such powerful and wonderful things to be able to share with the world :ghug:

Love, light and blessings,
Runa xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.angeltarotblessings.co.uk
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Inspiring post.   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi Debbie. How inspiring it was to read your post. I did not have the wonderful 'visual ' experiences that you had when receiving my attunements, which was somewhat disappointing. When I carry out Reiki on others, I tend to get the most immense tingling, through my hands and up to my elbows, & the recipients usually tell me my hands were very hot! I always find it such a calming, wonderful experience, & would recommend learning it to anyone who is interested. Love Val. xxx :healing vibes:
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi Val, :bouquet:
Actually during my attunement I felt and visually saw very little. And Like you I was a little disappointed!
This happens during giving and recieving Reiki, I also get the tingling, some times my feet tingling at the same time.... Have you had a look at the link on here showing you the energy caught on camera?....
Have a look its brillient
love Debbbie xx
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Dandelion

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Reiki 1   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi Everyone

I love Debbies experiences with the Reiki course, I did not have any visulization at all, I am at the moment still self healing and cleansing for 21 days- I am waiting for the feelings to come, I do have a slight tingling in my hands, but yesterdays healing I felt that I could not switch off the tingling, is this normal !

With only self healing at the moment I do not really feel it working, so will have to wait til the 18th of this month, then I can try it out on the family.

Take care[url=https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net/javascript:emoticonp(':healing vibes:')]Opening the doors... 7761[/url]

Janet
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:54 am

Hi Janet,

I have found already that reiki effects people in diffferent ways...It seems to talior make it self for everyone, if that makes sense...

I was laughing when you said about not being able to turn the tingling off...lol
Yeah I know that feeling, sometimes it made my :healing vibes: hands ache, perticulary before I had my attunement in October. so still learning loads myself..

It passed for me, but have to say does sometimes appear for no reasone so I thought. I believe its a reminder that I need to self heal, my body letting me know??
I know there are usui and angel reiki practioners and teachers here and on s&d, they may be able to throw more light on this.
Enjoy your journey :friends: Janet and RELAX...lol

love and light Debbie xx

feel free to pm me if you want...xx
Back to top Go down
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:31 am

Hiya!

I'm a newcomer to Reiki and had a treatment a few weeks ago, then had the Angelic Reiki attunements 1&2 last weekend. I feel tingling on and off, I also get the faces of unknown people coming through quite suddenly and clearly. I'm still getting used to all these new experiences and will hopefully report later on how things develop!

Carole xx
Back to top Go down
Maeshadow
Reg Member
Reg Member
Maeshadow

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:23 pm

I too get colours (pink, yellow and metallic blue) when I am giving and receiving Reiki. I also get the colours on a morning when I am waking up. I know that I am under the weather when that happens.

I find that when I start a treatment on someone else my left hand (by my little finger) starts to wiggle like mini cramps. Strange!! Also if someone is really upset and it isn't the sort of place you can give them a little healing my hand starts tingling.

I absolutely love Reiki it really has made a difference to my life :healing vibes:
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi Girls,

It's fascinating reading about all your Reiki experiences, particularly as I'm not a Reiki practitioner myself. As some of you have said you've been able to see people's faces (or like Debbie animals) clearly at times when using Reiki, it sounds as if Reiki might heighten clairvoyant abilities which is really interesting. Janet - perhaps you'd like to practice Reiki on me and the girls in the group (if and when you feel ready and confident enough)? :healing vibes:

I spoke to Viv today and asked if she'd like to post something regarding Angelic Reiki on SQ when she has time, that too sounds very interesting. :angel:

Hope you've all had a good day.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
Brigantia
Reg Member
Reg Member
Brigantia

Female
Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:42 am

Hi Pat

I'm looking for 'guinea pigs' to practise my Angel Reiki on too . . . any takers?

:healing vibes: :asmile:
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:01 am

Hi Brigantia,

You can certainly send some distant Reiki out to me anytime. It's just a pity I don't live closer or I'd volunteer to be a 'guinea pig' for all of you, particularly any reflexologists or aromatherapy masseurs as I love those treatments. Laughing My friend Joe used me as a 'guinea pig' while he was learning reflexology. As long as treatments don't involve 'stabbing or jabbing' with needles, I'm up for being a 'guinea pig', so Reiki is fine. (Having said that I have had acupuncture in the past - ouch!) :healing vibes: I don't sleep very well and haven't done for a few years now, so all 'healing energy donations' will be gratefully accepted. Hope you have a lovely day.
Back to top Go down
SirenMoonBee

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:20 am

I joined the Reiki family only a few months ago, but i still only really do Reiki on myself, so i experience the hot tingly hands but no messages from spirits or see auras, although it would be lovely too!! I guess we are given whatever method suits us best, as some are more visual or sense feelings, so the experiences mirror that maybe?? So i sense moods and feel sensations more which works for me, And although while going to bed i always give Reiki to my Hubby while we drop off, i've yet to make the leap into doing a full treatment as i question everything and anything so therefore i question my ability to produce results, i question whether it's all in my head or not?? Has anyone else been like this?? :unsure: :healing vibes:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:49 pm

brigantia id love you to practice reiki on me,but guess i live far far away lol Crying or Very sad but if you could send some that would be fantastic{not sure thats possible}!lol
i had a fellow student at art college do a very quick session on me {in our break}it was great i couldnt believe the difference it made xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.blardyblart.co.uk
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:53 am

Hi Sirenmoonbeam,
I know just what you mean.... Dont think about it so much... just let it happen!!
It's there you knoW it is, The more people you practice on the more your confidence will grow...
I don't see anything sometimes, and I don't feel my hands are hot, But the others feel it
enjoy the moment...
Love and light Debbie xx
Back to top Go down
SirenMoonBee

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence as that really helps to hear from someone who is impartial and more experienced, i do know it's there i guess it's a lack of confidence in myself xx
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:42 am

Hi sirenmoonbee, :friends:
i'll get it right this time!
I am probaly no more experienced then you, and I was a little apprehensive at first..
You will get there in your own time...
love Debbie xx
Back to top Go down
SirenMoonBee

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:08 pm

I guess i will, i've bought the Christopher penzack Magick of Reiki which is a fantastic read, and i recommend it to anyone. I think i should go with the flow and see where it takes me, and stop stressing. I love this forum too xx
Back to top Go down
Serene Tiger
Serene Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:35 am

Hi Sirenmoonbee,

Debbie is right, don't worry about the logic of it (although if you talked to a quantum physicist they would certainly be able to describe the movement of energy in scientific terms LOL!!!)

It really in important that we don't have any expectations when giving or receiving reiki as we will all have different experiences. It's a bit like sitting in a room with other people and then all being taken out and asked to describe the carpet in the room, each person will say something different, one might note the colour, another the pile, another the cleanliness of it! All are right but are seeing the carpet from their own perspective. We all have such varied life experiences that it isn't any wonder that we all see the world in different ways.

This is why I'm in the process of writing a book about people's experiences with reiki to show the world the wonderful variety it brings (see other thread asking for assistance).

Continue to enjoy your reiki journey and it really doesn't matter whether you just treat yourself & your partner or other folk & pets, you will be guided to do what's right for you now.

In love & light,

Janet
x
Back to top Go down
Angelic Reiki Master

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:25 pm

I agree about the different experiences Janet, and each time it feels different for me.
Different energies, feelings, body heat..I haven't experienced colours yet but I do see light, really bright lights that get brighter the deeper we go.
I interpret that to be the angelic beings..
Its fascinating to hear you are writing a book about Reiki, I will look forward to reading it!!

Love & Light

Viv xxx
Back to top Go down
psychicfreedom
psychicfreedom

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:34 am

hi all

I've just done my Reiki I (yippee!) and so starts the self healing process --- although i have already 'booked in' several friends and family for treatments (i don't have to wait 21 days to do this do i?).

during the Reiki day, one student was doing her Master level, and she was saying that she didn't see anything for about 18 months and then everything started to happen, she now gets colours, pictures, sees auras, etc --- so it doens't matter if you don't see anything at first, i think it comes with experience, the more you use it...?!?!

when i was having my treatment i saw some beautiful pictures (my favourite was a beautiful, shining white winged horse - i could see the detail in every feather!! against an amazing blue and white sky. i also saw a wheat field really clearly. i don't know if these have any significance, but it was very relaxing)

I am also looking for guinea pigs, so if anybody lives in the york/malton/scarborough area (or knaresborough - and i can detour when visiting my mum!!) and you fancy a bit of reiki - please let me know

i'm also looking for a portable therapy table for a pittance ( Wink !!) if anybody knows where i can get one, please advise.

Many thanks
:hug01:
lynn
Back to top Go down
Maeshadow
Reg Member
Reg Member
Maeshadow

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:35 am

Hoping to be attuned to the Seichem Reiki in the next few weeks and I just cannot wait. Will be amazing to work with the Angelic realms and the Elements. :angel:

Just had a treatment after being a Guineapig to see if EFT can reduce my Hayfever. :healing vibes:

Crikey my Reiki tutor told me that she had whooshed out of the room up the universe and stars when dealing with my aura. A first for both of us!! I felt very relaxed though was aware that I was clenching my fists a little when I was asked to open my eyes. Wish I could have seen it lol. :happy1:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 pm

hi everyone,hope your having a great weekend :happy1: its so interesting to read your comments on reiki.i have been thinking for a while that i would love to learn it,so the other night i got on the net to look for something local.well i found a lady nearby that does classes sent her an email and am waiting for a reply :asmile: the only problem is i dont know whats fully involved in the learning process of reiki ie what you have to do,how long courses last for,etc etc......i just know i would love to learn this,hopefully to lead me to healthier lifestyle(i smoke Rolling Eyes and would love to stop),plus i would love to use it to the benefit of myself and family.can anyone pleeeeeease give me some general info id be very grateful,love fluffy xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:22 am

Hi Fluffy,

Have you seen the downloadable Reiki manuals (for all levels) that I posted under the Reiki section. Might help give you some insight into Reiki and I'm sure the Reiki practioner SQ members will give you lots of tips and hints. :healing vibes:

Love Pat xxx
Back to top Go down
psychicfreedom
psychicfreedom

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:59 am

hi!

i'm fairly new to reiki - have just done level I - so i can tell you my experiences - but each reiki master works differently so my experience may not be the same as yours (or others)

I read a few books/websites before i started looking to do the course/attunements cos i wanted to be sure i knew what i was letting myself in for. The website Pat mentions is really good - also if you do a google search you will find loads of stuff.

My reiki I course lasted for one day and consisted of a history of reiki, as well as discussions on the aura and energy, etc. then we had the attunement (there were only tow of us + a lady doing her masters) which lasted only a couple of minutes (although we were 'attuned' by our master, plus the trainee master).

In the afternoon we practiced n each other - discussing what we felt/saw, etc.

I'm sure other peoples experiences will be different - but feel free to email me if you want to knw more or have any questions. I have done lots of reading on other forms of 'spiritual healing' too, if you want some advice on reading matter, please ask!

Lynn
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:09 am

ahhh thankyou,i managed to hunt a few sites down this morning and the more i read the more i wanted to do it :happy1: im also gonna see if i can get some books from the library.i think im a 'bit 'clearer about it now,id read bits on here about not drinking alcohol{which i very rarely do anymore,having had a few bad years were i drank waaaay too much}and caffiene etc for a while,which i now know why this is,also wasnt sure what 'attunement' was,but now i do,but what im not clear on and forgive me if im being thick scratch lol,is what happens after the attunement? do you just go away and practice as much as poss or do you have to do other classes to learn how to do it????? also how long is there between each 'level' if thats the right word? oh i hope im not waffling lol.it sounds fantastic,cant wait to get started,especially learning more about auras,as i am really interested in that having recently been able to start seeing the colours easier than before.
what other healing are you reading up on?i have a friend who does crystal healing,but dont know how to do it.take care,love fluffy xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening the doors...   Opening the doors... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening the doors...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spiritual Quest :: The Healing Circle :: Reiki-
Jump to: