Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Your Power Animal

Go down 
+2
cherrybug
Enigma
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Enigma
Admin
Admin
Enigma

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Your Power Animal   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:57 am

Are you aware of your current power animal? If so what is it, if not please don't worry we'll be adding methods of discovering your power animal at a later date.
Back to top Go down
cherrybug
Elite Member
Elite Member
cherrybug

Female
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Power Animal   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:22 am

Hello!

My power animal is a Karearea (hope that is spelt correctly!) called Eva. Any way, it is a native New Zealand falcon that is on the verge of extinction and along with me wanting to save Kiwi chicks, I think I should also be looking into saving my power animal!

I first came by my power animal when I was on holiday in New Zealand. It was a beautiful hot summers day, in the afternoon, with the sun just right. We had decided on a bit of a detour from our planned route (last minute!) for some unknown reason... We were driving along a dirt road down the bottom of the North Island (I forget our exact location now!), when we saw a brown smudge fly by. My friend (who is a real Kiwi!) slowed the car and pointed out the bird who had now flown up into the sky, and told me they are extremely rare and seldom come out, so people dont really see them much. I was amazed and felt lucky enough to have seen that little bit of a native NZ bird.

Then to our surprise, the bird circled and flew back towards us and came really low and flew along my side of the car with us for a while before flying up and away into the clear blue sky - it was totally awesome and we could feel the 'magic' happening. I was totally in awe at being that close, literally, I could have stuck my arm out and touched her. Being from South Africa I knew better than to do that as I could have frightened her away and/or had my arm clawed - she was in the wild, in her territory after all!!!

At that time I had no real concept of meeting power animals, nor had I met mine before. Somerthing about the experience in NZ led me to buy Steven Farmers book and CD about meeting your power animal. In doing the meditation the first time, I was taken back to NZ; to a lovely patch of forest, as the trees slowly opened to a bright sunny day, my Karearea came flying in. I was gob smacked! I had really hoped to meet a Kiwi chick!!!

I had been terrified walking through the cave (part of the meditation), but that all vanished when I saw her! After the intial 'shock' wore off, an amazing sense of calm came when she swooped down next to me. I asked her name and she said Eva. It was amazing! We have been firm friends since and she is excellent at getting me focussed. Now I know that it was all worth the fear of initially walking through the cave!

Until about 15 minutes ago, I had assumed Eva was an eagle of sorts... nope, she is part of the falcon family! See, I should have googled her at the time!!! No matter, her presence and grace are a real inspiration to me and lifts me up and up when needed! She is a real pleasure to be around and ever so gentle and caring. I always feel warm and fuzzy around her, once in meditation she even brought me a key... I am still trying to fathom which lock it opens!

And thats my boring little story! cheers

C xxx
Back to top Go down
DragonAngel
Elite Member
Elite Member
DragonAngel

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Hi Cherrybug!   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:36 am

Not boring at all! That is a wonderful story!

Pat has told me about the cave meditation. I hope to meet my animal guide too. Once I get the courage to enter the cave!!

Lyn xx
Back to top Go down
cherrybug
Elite Member
Elite Member
cherrybug

Female

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Thank-you!   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:25 am

Yes, when I first entered the cave I stayed as close to the opening as possible and then before I know it I had raced through to the other side so it was really wonderful and worth pushing through the fear for!
C xxx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Power Animals - endangered species   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:57 am

Thanks for sharing your totem animal experience with us Cherry, it's really interesting. I think totem animals are a great way of introducing people to a way in which they can start communicating with their spirit guides. I know you really love Kiwi's, I love penguins. My daughter's great aunt lives in NZ and she told me penguins, like your totem bird, are also under threat. Several years go I wrote 2 children's stories about a character called Percy Penguin (Percy Penguin and the Biscuit Factory and Percy's Pen Pal). I always said if I could sell these stories to a publisher, I'd donate the money to help stop these penguins from becoming extinct. Look forward to hearing more about your falcon friend (as well as hearing about other people's totem animal experiences.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
cherrybug
Elite Member
Elite Member
cherrybug

Female

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: That's so lovely   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 am

Oh I do hope your books get published, then between us the Kiwi's, Falcons, Pengiuns (including Percy and Family), and all types of wild life can be saved, YAY! :friends: If you ever go to South Africa, go to Boulders Beach (just outside Cape Town) they have a penguin sanctuary there for Jackass Penguins (not being rude that is how they are known!) I remember going as a child before the sanctuary was set up and seeing the beach as it was in its natural form with penguins (cheeky little critters tee hee!). Beautiful! C xxx
Back to top Go down
miss melanie

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Power Animal   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:31 am

Pat R wrote:
Thanks for sharing your totem animal experience with us Cherry, it's really interesting. I think totem animals are a great way of introducing people to a way in which they can start communicating with their spirit guides. I know you really love Kiwi's, I love penguins. My daughter's great aunt lives in NZ and she told me penguins, like your totem bird, are also under threat. Several years go I wrote 2 children's stories about a character called Percy Penguin (Percy Penguin and the Biscuit Factory and Percy's Pen Pal). I always said if I could sell these stories to a publisher, I'd donate the money to help stop these penguins from becoming extinct. Look forward to hearing more about your falcon friend (as well as hearing about other people's totem animal experiences.

Have you tried contacting the Born Free Foundation or other organisations about penguins? They might have a way to publish them especially if the money is going to help their cause.
miss melanie
Back to top Go down
http://equinoxtarotanddesigns.parks.officelive.com/default.aspx
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Born Free re stories   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Melanie,

Never heard of Born Free before, but I'll look it up and see what I can do. Thanks for telling me about them.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
cherrybug
Elite Member
Elite Member
cherrybug

Female

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Born Free   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:36 pm

The "Adamsons" sanctualry for lions, and expanded to cover all wild life over the years - what a beautiful true story about Joy & George Adamson and lion called Elsa and thier journey to return her to the wild! It all started off in the mid-late '60's, now you can adopt animals form all walks of wild-life!!!
C xxx
Back to top Go down
lili123
Reg Member
Reg Member
lili123

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Power Animal   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:09 am

Last night i told myself i would dream about my spirit guide and surprisingly during my sleep i had a dream where i meditated on and met my spirit guide. I simply closed my eyes, opened up and *poooof* an image of a Lion popped into my head. And then i woke up.

I thought this was bizarre as i dont really feel i have an affinity with animals and i expected my guide to be a person. Im allergic to animals you see but whenever i go near them i can understand and communicate very well with them, until i get sick. Also, i dont have much of a passion or interest in Lions. I prefer many other animals over them, as beautiful as they are, so it shocked me to find this out. When i had Reiki a few months ago i awoke on the bench to gaze out onto the therapists garden as the sun set and literally, as soon as i sat up, a large dark red fox strode into view, looked at me for a moment and ran off again. That to me felt more of a connection then the Lion, but maybe i have two?

I guess i should attempt to become a little more passionate about my spirit guide and find out what a Lion even means. Shocked
Back to top Go down
cherrybug
Elite Member
Elite Member
cherrybug

Female

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Hiya   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm

lili123 wrote:
Last night i told myself i would dream about my spirit guide and surprisingly during my sleep i had a dream where i meditated on and met my spirit guide. I simply closed my eyes, opened up and *poooof* an image of a Lion popped into my head. And then i woke up.

I thought this was bizarre as i dont really feel i have an affinity with animals and i expected my guide to be a person. Im allergic to animals you see but whenever i go near them i can understand and communicate very well with them, until i get sick. Also, i dont have much of a passion or interest in Lions. I prefer many other animals over them, as beautiful as they are, so it shocked me to find this out. When i had Reiki a few months ago i awoke on the bench to gaze out onto the therapists garden as the sun set and literally, as soon as i sat up, a large dark red fox strode into view, looked at me for a moment and ran off again. That to me felt more of a connection then the Lion, but maybe i have two?

I guess i should attempt to become a little more passionate about my spirit guide and find out what a Lion even means. Shocked

Hiya lili

Steven D Farmer (Doreen Virtue's husband) has a website you can email him and ask but the info should be on the website. Pat has also put a link on here (I forget where!) but read through the section on Celts, wiccans etc as I am sure it is there... alternatively, let me know and I have a book so can type the entry on lions if you wish?!

C xxx
Back to top Go down
lili123
Reg Member
Reg Member
lili123

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Power Animal   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:36 am

I did google it but only found a few short descriptions on Lions, that theyre family based, loyal, protective etc. But i want a bit more so will check out Stevens website. I didnt know he was online.
Back to top Go down
cherrybug
Elite Member
Elite Member
cherrybug

Female

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: tee hee   Your Power Animal Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:19 am

Oh yes, I google everything! I have come across so much info on-line although must admit it is soooo much more fun reading a book or talking to people directly lol!

Enjoy surfing his site, there is a lot of info even though the site is sparse and he does reply to email queries (he did to mine!)

C xxx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your Power Animal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Power Animal   Your Power Animal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Power Animal
Page 1 of 1