Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Do you practice Reiki

Go down 
+10
Spirit
dreamer
citychick1604
lunarlady
Dandelion
orangepoppy
cherrybug
angelhealer
Jan55
Enigma
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Enigma
Admin
Admin
Enigma

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Do you practice Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Do any of you use reiki regularly?
Back to top Go down
Jan55

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:38 pm

I practice reiki whenever I can. It helps me to cope when the going gets tough - it's like rescue remedy but better! I love the fact that I can also send reiki to others and know that it can do no harm and will only go where it's needed.

I would recommend it for everyone - I think it should be taught in school!!

Love and light
Jan x
Back to top Go down
angelhealer
angelhealer

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:00 pm

i was just attuned to reiki this past weekend and already feel the better for it, can't wait to go on to level 2, its amazing to actually feel the heat through my palms when i reiki on, incredible, this is the beginning of my reiki journey and look forward to introducing reiki to all that i meet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cherrybug
Elite Member
Elite Member
cherrybug

Female
Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Hello!   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:38 pm

I have been attuned to level 2 and thoroughly enjoy reiki... but I havent done any for at least 2 years now, maybe more so I am really looking forward to all the chats and getting back into Reiki on this forum and S&D!
C xxx :huga:
Back to top Go down
orangepoppy
orangepoppy

Female
Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:27 am

Hi, I love reiki. Was attuned to level 1 about 18 months ago and would love to do level 2 but something or other keeps preventing it. I do reiki on myself quite a lot, particularly to help me sleep and have both Usiu and Angel reiki treatments regularly, both of which are totally relaxing and fab. xxx
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Dandelion

Female
Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 am

Hi

I am due to do a Reiki course at the end of April, I have been give a few instructions to do before I start the course, I have to cut out tea,coffee and wine also follow a healthy diet and avoid negative situations.
Any help of recommendation will be welcome !

Take care

Janet
Back to top Go down
Jan55

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Dandelion (like the new name!)

You've been given really good advice about "detoxing" prior to attunement. I wish someone had told me the same before I did my Reiki 1. After attunement you need to self-heal, preferably twice a day for at least 21 days. The healing cleansing the past negative energies and can make you feel a little yuk for a week or two. The cleaner your systems are beforehand the easier it will be for you. As the cleansing is taking place it is really important that you drink loads of water to help clear your body. Unfortunately I didn't drink enough and had awful headaches - so drink loads!

I don't know if you practice meditation already but it will also be helpful if you are able to visualise and relax into meditation. I'm sure if you need any help with this you'll find something on here, Pat has posted loads of brilliant advice on different topics.

Good luck, let us know how you go on

Love and light
Jan xxxxx
Back to top Go down
orangepoppy
orangepoppy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Dandelion, I had to do a detox before my level 1 but only for 1 week before. Like you, I had to keep off the tea, coffee etc and eat light meals. I didnt watch or listen to any news and generally really tried to wind down as much as poss. I can echo Jan's advice about afterwards. Drink plenty water, rest and take care of yourself. I didnt have any physical after effects, mine were all emotional and it took several months before I felt I had dealt with everything I needed too. I think it affects everyone in a different way depending on what they need to sort out. This was 18 months ago, I should have done level 2 last Feb 2008 but still havent done it. The signs around me are coming together now so I dont think it will be too long off now.
The attunements are beautiful and it is so amazing to feel the warmth and buzzing of your hands when you get to practice. xxx
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Dandelion

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:09 am

Thank you both for the information it will help me adapt more, I will drink lots of water, is that before or during the Reiki course. I am really looking forward to the course I will be meeting up with Dawn (Reiki instructor) before the course begins.

Thank you

Janet

just chilling now with my Reiki Gold CD.
Back to top Go down
orangepoppy
orangepoppy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 am

Drink lots before just to help detox your system. When I did my attunements, we were encouraged (and needed it!) to sip bottles of water throughout the 2 days there. I found I was really thirsty with all the energies in the room and flowing through me. Slept really deeply too - heaven!!! Relax and enjoy the experience. There were 3 of us doing our level 1 and we had to practice on each other which was great especially when our hands started tingling. xxxx
Back to top Go down
Jan55

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Dandelion,

As Orangepoppy said, you will find that you need lots of water during the course, plus drinking it beforehand will help you detox AND drinking it afterwards during the 21 days of self-healing is essential. So best go and buy lots and lots of water Very Happy

Love and light
Jan xx
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Enigma wrote:
Do any of you use reiki regularly?

My message was supposed to be in here, I will never get the hang of this Rolling Eyes computer business! x
Back to top Go down
citychick1604
citychick1604

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 am

hi everyone
i did my reiki 1 in december and i have to say i was worrying about the 21 day clearing but i didn't really feel any symptoms at all, i didn't detox properly either and didn't feel bad for it but i would def recommend you follow your master's instructions.
has anyone else had the same experience?
love alison
xxx
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Dandelion

Female

PostSubject: Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi Everyone

I did my Reiki course last weekend - it was brilliant meeting new people and in a lovely setting. I am now doing the 21 day cleansing and self healing, I have not felt much different yet, hope I am doing it right !

I love this forum not had much time to have a good look around.

Will keep you informed on my progress with the 21 day cleansing.

Take care

Janet
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Congratulations on doing your reiki 1 :bouquet:
I am sure you will lovw your journey, Of course your doing it right.... just find the time to self heal every day and let the energy :angel: do the rest. Let us know how you get on... love :friends: Debbie xx
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Hi everyone.   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Well done Dandelion on your Reiki. I too did not detox, or feel any effects afterwards, but as Alison says, you were best to follow your Master's instructions. Reiki is such a wonderful thing to be involved in, I am so glad I got the chance to do it. I don't get the chance to practice it as much as I would like, but hopefully that will change one day. Love Val. xxx :healing vibes:
Back to top Go down
orangepoppy
orangepoppy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:30 am

Congratulations Dandelion on your Reiki 1. I didn't feel much straight away either, it was a few weeks before I started to notice "stuff" being churned up and chucked out so to speak. Didnt have any physical after effects at all, they were all emotional and took a while to clear (must have been carrying so much baggage!!)
Now I love to send myself to sleep by self treating, I start with my brow and by the time I reach my heart chakra I'm useually out for the count.
Look after yourself, Elaine xxx :bouquet:
Back to top Go down
Spirit
Spirit

Female
Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:48 am

I would just like to say thank you all for sharing your experiences here. This is on my list of things to do! S xx :tyou:
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Dandelion

Female

PostSubject: Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:04 am

Hi

Finished my 21 days of self healing, I do not feel much different, only tried a little reiki on my family, However, a little bird flew into the house and on trying to get out it smashed into the windows and knocked himself out. My husband said he's dead, he will start bleeding from his nose due to the head injury. I picked up the bird and cupped him in my hands for 15mins than popped him outside, nothing happen so I held him again for 15 mins popped him outside again, nothing happen., the 3rd time I went to him I picked him up he sat up in the palm of my hands for a moment or two, twittered and then flew off. could this of been Reiki working.

Take care

Janet
Back to top Go down
Serene Tiger
Serene Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Everyone,

As most of you probably know I'm a Reiki Master Practitioner and I'm currently training to become a Reiki Master Teacher which is very exciting.

I came to reiki 3 years ago and really haven't looked back it's the most wonderful gift.

The detox is useful especially if you lead a "toxic" lifestyle but you'll find that you're drawn to a more healthy lifestyle even after reiki 1 which can only be for the good. I know I went from only drinking water every high day & holiday (or when it was really hot on holiday!) to drinking about a litre most days. I've also found recently that I'm eating very little meat but plenty of veggies/fruit with some fish thrown in! Does wonders for your digestion!

I wish all of you well on your individual reiki journeys.

In love & light,

Janet
x
Back to top Go down
Maeshadow
Reg Member
Reg Member
Maeshadow

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:00 pm

I found that since my attunement last year I rarely feel the need to have an alcoholic drink. Doesn't bother me in the slightest either.

Really excited as I am going to be attuned to Seichem Reiki in the next couple of months. The other girl has to save up. Will be great to be working with the Angels and elements.
Back to top Go down
Serene Tiger
Serene Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 am

Hi Maeshadow,

I know what you mean, I'm the same. I may occassionally have a glass of wine with a meal but I really don't feel like another one.

It's amazing how subtly the energy starts to work!

In love & light,

Janet
x
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Female
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Funny you should say that   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:08 am

I've not thought about it before, but I suppose I can date losing my taste for wine to about '98, which is when I did my reikis 1 and 2. But then a lot of things changed in my life about then - who knows if it is all linked?

I would have said that I haven't done much reiki in the last few years, but on the S&D forum I start to see that I do use it in funny ways - one symbol in particular, a bit of chakra manipulation, shielding and occasionally distance healing. I think I must have absorbed it all in non-standard way! Still works, though.

:unsure:
Back to top Go down
Golden Angel
Golden Angel

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:36 pm

I have just recently done my reiki level 1 attunement and half way through my 21 day detox, to be honest i have not had any side effects and i have been doing the self-healing on myself which i am enjoying. I have used my reiki on family and friends with good feedback, colours they have seen and feelings of around 50 hands placed on them, also the heat from my hands, so i am really enjoying doing the treatments and taking notes after i have done the treatments. I wish everybody the best who have completed reiki or working their way up the levels of attunement, or if you are contemplating taking on reiki. Love GA :asmile:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you practice Reiki   Do you practice Reiki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you practice Reiki
Page 1 of 1