Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Empty
PostSubject: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:43 am

Found this interesting article about how to keep a Tarot Diary which will help you build a personal profile of your life. I'm certainly going to try this myself.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2304700_keep-tarot-journal.html
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:42 pm

im going to give the tarot diary a try,i've ordered some faerie tarot cards cant wait for them to come,and as ive never used them before ill need all the help i get cheers xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.blardyblart.co.uk
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi, :rose:
Really pleased you've finally ordered your fairie cards. My friend Katie reads Fairy tarot cards and she absolutely loves them. I've got another set of Animal Spirit cards from Amazon today and I love those too. Also bought some beautiful fairy figurines too while I was up town, so I've had an enjoyable day. Hope you have a lovely bank holiday weekend. :bouquet:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:51 pm

i love faeries i have a few figurines myself i have collected over time and have had as presents,im hoping the pictures on the cards will inspire me with reading them.well ive been told the suns set to shine on us this bank holiday sunny so have a good weekend xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:39 am

Hi Fluffy,
I think someone should have said sun's going to shine but not over Wakefield lol!. It's cloudy, grey and miserable outside at the moment. Have you ever seen the Catching Dreams collection of fairies and angels? I've got quite a few of those as I bought with the intention of selling them at fairs etc. If you're interested and would like to take a look I posted photos of some of my angel and fairy figurines on my Facebook page (pat reed - Leeds network)
Hope you have a lovely weekend. cheers
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:18 am

ive not seen them before,so ill take a peek.although i finally got around to joining facebook the other day and its baffling confused lol,im not sure how it all works but will maybe spend time on there over next couple days and get my head round it{im soooooo old}lol !we sell nightfairies with the metal wings on our market stalls and some of them are lovely,i have to resist taking them home lol.
the suns been shining here all day today sunny so hopefully it may reach you tomorrow and you can get a deckchair out,a good book and relax.we have a few days off work not back again till thurs so a nice break to recharge batteries and maybe take children out.take care,fluffy xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:54 am

Hi Fluffy,
Sun's finally starting to peek through the clouds (at last) so might actually get some sun tomorrow. Hope you have a lovely few days rest with your family. Might be going to cinema to see Angels and Demons tomorrow, my daughter said she wants to take me so that will be her treat for me this weekend (hopefully). Facebook can be a bit confusing, the old Facebook was a lot better. It's usually the case, they can never leave things alone, they always have to mess about and make things more complicated. You'll find my angel and fairy photos stored in an Album shown on left side of screen in my profile page. If you need a hand to find me, just let me know what name to look for on Facebook and I'll find you, that way if I send you a message you should have access to all my stuff too. Have a lovely break. :bouquet:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:36 am

have a lovely :asmile: time if you go to the cinema{whats angels and demons about?}
have put your name in facebook to try find you but it didnt come up scratch but found the spirit and destiny group on there so joined that{well hopefully i did if i did it right lol.i also want to find the part you told me to help find your missing son,will this be on your profile too or somewhere else ?my name on there is fiona bunting,thanks ,fluffy xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:57 am

Hi Fiona, Cool

'Angels and Demons' is sequel to The Da Vinci Code and Tom Hanks is in both. Film's about a secret cult called the Illuminati coming back for revenge on the Vatican (I think) I'm going find you on Facebook now and I'll send you a friend invitation. When you get it just click Accept and then we can chat anytime. Gary's FB page is called 'Searching for my son Gary' but group link should show on my FB profile page. Did you see the piece I've posted on S & D group page about Rhiannon's planned Yorkshire get-together? Speak to you soon. :friends:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:26 am

hi pat,did you get to see the film?im going to have a look today at the piece on the s&d get together,and see if i can work something out to go.i dont know if you remember me saying,i got a set of faerie tarot,in the instructions it suggests doing a pentagram reading ie 5 cards,{youll have to excuse me i know nothing about tarot yet,so my questions may seem silly lol}well am i able to do the 3 card reading instead{past,present and future?}with them.also the descriptions/reading it gives for each card in the booklet dont make much sense scratch am i being thick lol or should they make sense,or is it what you read into it yourself{im sooooo confused}xx
oh and did you like your new cards,i think i remember you saying had a new set xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:01 am

Hi Fluffy, sunny

Not been to see Angels and Demons yet as Nicky's kept changing her plans which meant we didn't go. Could be going tonight (all being well) but that all depends on if Nicky's hay fever isn't making her feel too ill to go. She gets hay fever really badly this time of year and it triggers off her asthma (bless her). If we don't go to cinema tonight, I reckon we might have to wait until film comes out on DVD.
Regarding your Fairy tarot, you've got to remember the booklet is only a guide (no pun intended LOL). You read them in whatever way you feel's right for you. Past, Present and Future is a good way to start reading them, as it only involves using 3 cards. When I first got my new Vision Quest tarot cards I didn't look at the booklet, but did a couple of readings this way (which is very unorthodox I might add). I got a couple of friends to shuffle the cards, then I just took the top card of the deck (it was face down) and read that, then I took the next card off, read that, and so on, until I felt the cards had finished telling me what they wanted to tell me. I've never done this with any of my other tarot decks like Ryder Waite, but I find my Vision Quest tarot don't feel like other tarot cards, which is one of the reasons I bought them. Have you tried studying each individual card, perhaps one every night, and writing down what you think the card means yet? Rather than using the meanings in your book, let your own intuitive ability tune into each individual card. It's a bit like reading a book that's full of pictures, but has no words, therefore you've got to put the words (or meanings) to the pictures. Doesn't really matter if your interpretations are different to those in the booklet, if your interpretations (meanings) prove accurate and appropriate for clients then that's all that matters. My mother loved reading tarot, but I always preferred runes and my Osiris Board rather than tarot. If I do a reading for myself I rarely use tarot. It's all about finding a tool that really works for you and that's why I use various different psychic tools with my students to see which one's suit them best. Pictorial or visual tools work really well for some students, but not for others who work better by touch than visually. Psychometry works by picking up info from handling objects, sand reading involves picking up impressions from the sand. The client presses their hand in a tray of sand and the reader then places their own hand over the impression left by their client. Some sand readers get their client to draw a pattern in the sand and they read that instead (so sand may be read using touch or by interpreting symbols/patterns visually.) Students who find seeing and interpreting symbols in a dry tea-leaf reading easy, would probably prefer to read patterns in the sand.
Don't become disheartened, you haven't had your tarot cards very long so it may take you a while to become attuned to them. Over the years, I've bought a packs of tarot/oracle cards I just couldn't gell with. Sometimes you buy cards/oracles but just can't get into them so you put them away, only to find a few months/years later you're drawn to these and suddenly have no difficulty using them.
I do like my Vision Quest tarot and I definitely like my Power Animal oracle cards too I've found Power Animal cards add another dimension to readings if used in conjunction with other tools. I also like my new Animal Message oracle cards too (there are 52 cards in that pack, twice as many as in the Power Animal cards, but I've found the short messages on bottom of Animal Message cards can sometimes be a bit confusing so you often need to refer to instruction booklet for clarification. However, I've found I can work mainly just from the Power Animal cards without the need to refer to the meanings. Like anything else, it will take me time to bond with these new cards, I could even end up just using the Power Animal cards and putting my Animal Message oracle cards away for a while, until I feel time's right to start using those. Your instincts/intuition tell you what tools feel right and what doesn't. At the moment, I feel very drawn to animal cards (Power Animal, Animal Message and Druid Animal cards) which are tools I've never felt drawn to in the past. I found myself drawn to them shortly after I started using Totem Animal meditations with my awareness group. I've also had NI guide around too so that could be why. NI's believe Totem Animals are spirit guides in animal form. :study:

I've got a 2 or 3 packs of Angel Cards (not Doreen Virtue's), but don't yet find myself particularly drawn to these, but (who knows) I could end up pulling those out next week, next month or even in 5 years time and feel I want to use them. :angel:
Is it the S & D Yorkshire get together you're going to try and make it to? Hope you can, haven't got the date for that yet, Lisa just said June/July. Some of the S & D members are meeting up this weekend for a spa weekend break. It's just as well S & D didn't choose this weekend. Whereabouts do you live Fluffy? Anyway must go for now, hope this helps.
:ghug:
Back to top Go down
fluffyangel
Site Keeper
Site Keeper
fluffyangel

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:57 am

thanks pat,i shall try the looking at one card per day and reading it just by looking at it and not the booklet,and see how i get on with that for a while.its the s&d yorkshire meeting id like to go to depending when it is.i live nr alfreton in derbyshire but my sister lives in yorkshire so depending when it is{with work,kids etc} ill try to come along.probably wont know what to say to anyone though lol as im quite shy when i first meet people and either go very quiet or ramble on about absolutely nothing and everything lol xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:26 am

Hi Fluffy,

That would be great if you can come to Yorkshire meeting. Don't worry about feeling shy, you'll know me and I know several other members so you'll soon feel at home. :friends:

Pleased you're going to try studying individual tarot cards for a while. :huga:
Back to top Go down
Tara
Tara

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Tarot   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 am

Hi Pat,
thanks for the information on keeping a Tarot journal, I think I'll give it a try as I can't get to grips with other books I've read.
I know what the cards mean, it's trying to make a reading come together that I find so tricky! Never mind I'll keep trying.
By the way I love this site but I'm still not to sure how to use it - I'll keep trying with that too!
My name on the Spirit and Destiny forum was Oestara but I've noticed people on your forum are changing their names so I thought
I'd shorten mine to Tara,
So Blessed be,Tara x
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Tara, :welcome:

Lovely to chat to you on here. I saw your message on S & D about your name change. Pleased you're enjoying SQ and that you you're going to try the tarot diary.

I've posted a link that contains automated readings (including tarot) under SQ 'Useful Links' section. The automated readings are purely for fun but I thought this link could help members learn different tarot card meanings, rune symbols etc and help familiarise themselves with different spreads that you can use the tools for. Take a look at that, as it might help you to pull your tarot reading info together.

I'm an intuitive, rather an a definitive tarot reader. Kirsty's excellent at reading tarot (as well other oracle cards) she does professional readings and also teaches tarot classes from time to time too. My mother read tarot, but I like using runes, and my Osiris board (not ouija, there's a photo of my Osiris Board under the My Page section). I've recently bought power/totem animal cards as I've really become interested in those (since I started doing power animal meditations with my awareness group) I also bought a pack of Spiritual Quest NI tarot cards recently too and I like those too.

To try and help you navigate around SQ:

To make it easier for members to find info, we set up individual sections for the various topics (ie Crystals, Healing :healing vibes: Auras, Herbs, Reiki, Feng Shui, Native American Indians, Wicca, Dowsing, Meditation :meditate: etc). Spirit & Destiny forum hasn't done this so posts move down everytime a new one is added. This means old posts can often be difficult to find. You've got to look back through all forum pages to find what you're looking for then add a post to bump the thread you want people to see back onto the first page.

Grouping relevant info together within individual topic areas, we thought would make things easier for members to find what they were looking for. If an SQ post or link applies to more than one topic section (ie a Buddhist meditation will appear under Buddhism and meditation sections), then I either post link in both, or cross-reference by leaving a message to say where to look. Enigma (my co-worker) created the 'My Page' section so every member could have their own unique space. I like the fact SQ has a private message facility too (button marked MP near top of forum) because this enables members to share private and personal information and experiences with each other. The big white live chatbox isn't used much as members tend to pop onto SQ at all different times, so it's a matter of catching someone to have a live chat with.

To post a reply to SQ messages, just click Reply button under message, type in your reply in the message box then click Send button. Reply will appear under message you've replied too. If you want to start an entirely new thread, just click New button, type in your new topic/thread, then click Send.

If you want to see the original message you're replying too (so you can read it while you're replying to it) just click Citer button (located top right of message box). To add smilies just position your cursor where you want smiley to appear, then click smiley you want.

Hope this helps. :happy1:
Back to top Go down
Tara
Tara

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Thanks Pat   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Thanks for the info Pat,I'm starting to get to grips with the forum now{I think}
computers were never my strong point-but at least I've got an avatar now -well pleased about that!!
Bb Tara x :huga:
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Tara,

Pleased you're now getting used to finding your way around SQ forum. Well done for posting your avatar, shows you're getting the hang of using your computer. Not sure but I think our Dreamer has used the same wolf avatar that you've chosen, but that doesn't matter as you can change avatars anytime. Look forward to chatting to you again soon. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh19
Kayleigh19

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:03 pm

I'm going to keep a tarot journal too :asmile: . been trying to make sense of them, so hopefully this shall help :bgrin:. Going to hopefully buy some Angel cards tomorrow when I go to Borders, sure I saw them in there last time I was in hehe.

Thankyou!

Love K x

sunny
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:28 am

Hi K,

Pleased you're going to keep a tarot journal. I've been keeping journals for my spiritual work for years and it's really good to be able to look back through them months and years later. Good luck finding your angel cards today. :angel:

Hope you have a really enjoyable bank holiday Monday.
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh19
Kayleigh19

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:33 am

Thanks Pat!

:asmile:

Hope you have a really good day aswell !

sunny

K x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)   How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to keep a Tarot Diary (eHow link)
Page 1 of 1