Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Reading th tarot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gembow
gembow

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:25 am

I have two set of Tarot cards. The Da Vini Tarot which I was drawn to buying whilst browsing the internet and I also have the Rider Waite Tarot. Is it possible to know a erson too well to read for them. I have read for myself, friends and family before, but I don't know if I know too much about them already? I feel like a bit of a fraud and the things I tell them seem to be far too general. :unsure:

Do you have any advice?

Love and light

Gem x
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 am

Hi Gem Laughing

Knowing a lot about people (like family and close friends) can definitely make it harder to read for them, but not impossible. scratch I still find I'm able to read for my daughter and close friends, but doubt can creep in sometimes (ie am I being influenced because I know this about my daughter/friend? type of thing). Even though you know a lot about those closest to you, it's amazing the things that still come out in the tarot that they (and you) haven't yet got a clue about. The best test of any reading is if and when things you give those closest to you come off (without any help from you or them). Hope that makes sense?

Sometimes it helps if you try to imagine you're doing your reading for a stranger (sort of mentally block out that you know the person, so you don't analyse what you're giving so much). Concentrate more on the tarot cards in front of you and less on the person you're reading them for.

Haven't seen the Da Vinci tarot deck yet, but I've also got Ryder Waite, Morgan Greer, Herbal Tarot, Renaissance, Power Animal tarot, Vision Quest and Native American tarot packs. I love pictorial tarot decks, Ryder Waite was my mom's particular favourite and it's the deck I've used most when I've done 12 monthly forecasts, over the years. Although I do read tarot intuitively, I actually prefer using other psychic tools (ie my Osiris divination Board (not Ouija), runes and more recently power animal cards. However, I really like the Vision Quest and Native American tarot as they don't seem to 'feel' like tarot to me and I'm drawn to NI beliefs.

I was very disappointed with Power Animal tarot deck I bought recently as animal pictures are poor quality and grainey. If manufacturers had taken more time and care and produced high quality images (like most power animal cards have), then I think these could have worked well alongside other Totem/Power animal cards.

My SQ forum colleague (Enigma) has about 100 decks of tarot as well as other oracles. She's been collecting them for many years. I usually 'test drive' one of her decks before I decide to buy same, that's how I came to buy my Vision Quest pack. Our Kirsty's excellent at reading tarot and teaches this, so hopefully she'll be able to give you some useful advice.

Hope you have a lovely day xx
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
KirstyM
Reg Member
Reg Member
KirstyM

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi Gembow

I think Pat's right that you can read for people you know, but you can be influenced by what you already know - or think you know! I think it really helps to try doing readings for people you DON'T know - maybe offer to do a few free readings on here or S&D and ask for feedback and see how you get on? It may feel a bit scary, but will make you focus on what the cards are telling you - and if it goes well, boost your confidence too.

Just ask if you'd like any help or advice on reading your cards - I'll help if I can

Love Kirsty xx
Back to top Go down
gembow
gembow

Female

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm finding the Tarot so difficult atm. I'm doing an online Tarot course but am finding it hard remembering all of the card meanings.

I have done a few angel card readings and have had quite positive feedback so far, so am pleased, but I would love to be able to read Tarot properly.

Does anyone have any advice?

Gem

xx
Back to top Go down
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi Gem,

I'm an intuitive tarot reader, not a definitive reader, which means I go with what my feelings tell me regarding the images on each tarot card, rather than only going by meanings in tarot book. Have you tried reading your cards like this?

Why not try this method with just the Major arcana cards first and see how you get along with those.

Hope you have a lovely evening. Pat xxx
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net
gembow
gembow

Female

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi Pat,

Thanks for that.

That's how I have been reading my Angel Cards, so I will try that with Tarot too.

Thanks Pat, you've made me feel loads better

Gem

xxx
Back to top Go down
KirstyM
Reg Member
Reg Member
KirstyM

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:02 am

Hi Gem

I agree with Pat about using your instincts to read the cards. When I teach Tarot, I give people a sheet with the meanings of the cards down one side and blank space down the other and get them to cover the meanings up, so we just look at the card itself and all the pictures, symbols, colours etc and see what it makes us think of - what words, feelings, ideas etc. We write those down - the ones that feel right to each person - and then at the end I give them highlighter pens so they can look at the traditional meaning and highlight anything in there that resonates with them too.

Sometimes once you have the "feel" of a card, you'll see that the traditional meaning ties in with or enhances it. Eg if a card gives you a real sense of happiness and joy, and you see that one of the meanings for that card is a wedding or a birth - that would make sense! If the meaning doesn't feel right to you, just ignore it - it's better to read what the cards are saying to YOU than something from a book that makes no sense! It's helpful to know about the meanings associated with the cards - and sometimes one that you don't normally use will turn out to fit in a reading you do - but not essential if you can read intuitively. And you already know you can do that from your angel cards!

Hope this helps
Love Kirsty xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reading th tarot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading th tarot   Reading th tarot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading th tarot
Page 1 of 1