Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Which Tarot Deck ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Enigma
Admin
Admin
Enigma

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Do you work with?

If you haven't begun to work with tarot cards and are wondering where to begin watch this space. As i'll be getting a beginners guide up soon.
Back to top Go down
Jan55

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Just bought my first Tarot pack which luckily came with a small booklet with instructions!

I'm looking forwards to learning more,

Love and light
Jan x
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Admin
Admin
Enigma

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi Jan which deck is it? I'd advise keep practicing, draw a card per day for yourself you'll be amazed at how soon they'll become familiar to you, do let us know how you get on :asmile:
Back to top Go down
Jan55

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi, I'd been looking for a while at different cards but none of them really grabbed me. Last week I was at work when the kettle broke. Since Woollies closed we're a bit short of shops locally and just by chance I looked in the window of a charity shop and there was a brand new kettle- exactly what I wanted and extremely cheap! In I went to buy it but there was nobody at the cash desk (now to get to the point...) right in front of me on the top of the counter was a pack of Tarot cards, not just any tarot cards, but the nicest ones I had seen! Needless to say I felt that this was meant to happen and so I bought them. The book that came with them is by Jonathan Dee and the cards are illustrated by Shirley Barker. The pictures are very simple, almost childlike, (perfect for me Laughing ). Thanks for the advice about drawing one card a day, and I'll def. let you know how I get on.

Love and light
Jan xx
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Admin
Admin
Enigma

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Sounds like they were placed there specially for you sunny I love hearing stories like that, this is butterfly by the way i've just changed my name hope it doesn't confuse everyone
Back to top Go down
KirstyM
Reg Member
Reg Member
KirstyM

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:10 am

Jan they were my first ever deck of cards too spookily!! I still use them now!

I like the Rider-Waite based decks for ease of reading - and also find each deck tends to have its own sortof "personality" so I use them for different readings. I have the traditional Rider-Waite (main deck), the Dee/Barker that Jan just bought (I find these very down to earth and use them to clarify information or for factual readings), the Aquarian (tend to use these for family and relationship readings), the Druidcraft Tarot (I like these for timescales and also family/pregnancy readings) and Morgan Greer (I find these really cheerful and positive).

I have the Herbal Tarot, which I will use for health-related readings. I also have a deck called the Spiritual Tarot, which look gorgeous, but I've never used them for readings - must dig them out and have a play with them and see how I get on!

Love Kirsty xx
Back to top Go down
Jan55

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:29 am

Hi Kirsty,

I'd never seen my pack anywhere before - like you say how spooky that they were your first pack as well. I can only hope I can use them as well as you! When I was chatting to Pat about Tarot she mentioned how good your readings are, so I may be asking you for advice!
I'm glad you consider them to be a good starting pack, I loved the pictures, they're not too fussy and I find them easy to remember.
How do you find the time to do readings, post on the forums, play scrabble, and still keep beating me at Bejewelled!!! Laughing
:flower:
love Jan xxxxx
Back to top Go down
KirstyM
Reg Member
Reg Member
KirstyM

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:47 am

More than happy to help out if I can Jan! I actually prefer the traditional Rider-Waite for ease of reading, but see how you get on with these cards.

Love Kirsty xx

PS I think the only way to get a high score on Bejewelled is to have no life, sadly lol!!
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh19
Kayleigh19

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:55 am

They're the cards I have! hehe lol! . that is spooky!. I'm still trying to learn about them.

K x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which Tarot Deck ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Tarot Deck ?   Which Tarot Deck ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Tarot Deck ?
Page 1 of 1