Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

Advice about Reiki during pregnancy?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Advice about Reiki during pregnancy? Empty
PostSubject: Advice about Reiki during pregnancy?   Advice about Reiki during pregnancy? Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:55 am

Hi, I would like to share this with you... Smile
The other day I gave my first :healing vibes: full Reiki treatment to my friend. She suffers quite badly from headaches and is quite a higly strung person. Any way it was a great. When i was holding her with my hands underneath her head I felt a pain in my left hand, it was very painful, to the point where I thought I was going to have to move. but I stayed with it and after 10mins or so it eased and passed.
Afterwards she said at that time she could feel a throbbing and pulling to the side of her head were she had the head aches.
Also when i had my hands near her throat and shoulders, we both felt a throbbing and heat. She has felt much calmer I put that feeling down to her communication problems, we all have them at some point. And NO HEADACHES ! And her partner wants to try some!!
The question I would like to ask is: she is pregnant and I know the Reiki will do her and the baby no harm. But i was unsure of wether to place my hands near the baby or to avoid that area directly. I know the energy will go where it needed anyway. Just wanted :study: advice or confirmation of what I can or carn't do....
love Debbie xx
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Me too.   Advice about Reiki during pregnancy? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi. This is something I have been wondering myself, as 2 people very close to me are newly pregnant. I know this was discussed when I did my Reiki courses last year, but I can't remember what the outcome was. Love Val. xxx scratch
Back to top Go down
Serene Tiger
Serene Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Advice about Reiki during pregnancy?   Advice about Reiki during pregnancy? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Dreamer & Lunarlady,

It is perfectly safe to perform reiki on a pregnant woman - it will only ever work for the highest good of mother & baby. However, as a word of warning, it is worth finding out the lady's history regarding pregnancy. The reason for this, is that if god forbid the lady suffered a miscarriage it is a natural human instinct to blame someone when something bad happens and you could be the one. As a result, you may feel more comfortable waiting until after the 12 week period when chances of miscarriage etc are extremely reduced.

Good luck to you both.

Janet
x
Back to top Go down
lunarlady
lunarlady

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Advice about Reiki during pregnancy?   Advice about Reiki during pregnancy? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi Janet - thanks for that. Love Val. x :tyou:
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member
dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Advice about Reiki during pregnancy?   Advice about Reiki during pregnancy? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:01 am

Hi Janet,
glad you have come over as well,
thanks for your advice, can see the possible problem.. You are right !! Have done my best to address this with my friend... on a postive note hope I do not have to go there...
But she is finding it so nice, and her headaches have reduced significanlty...

And guess what I have recieved My Rieki certificate at :happy1: long last!!! whoo whoo had given up and released the thought of ever getting it... I know she is wanting me to ask for next level... next challenge is to let her know that I will be going ahead just not with her. I do hope she is not to dissappointed

Am very pleased for you also, going ahead with your teaching!!!! You will be sunny wonderfull my friend.. love and light Debbie xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice about Reiki during pregnancy?   Advice about Reiki during pregnancy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice about Reiki during pregnancy?
Page 1 of 1