Spiritual Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Quest

For those seeking spiritual enlightenment and knowledge...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
:rose: Don't forget to visit our chatroom at the top of the forum :rose:
:rose: Problems registering? Please leave a message in our notepad section :rose:
:rose: Please check our Announcements section regularly for news :rose:

The Need for Psychic Protection and How to discern True and False Guides

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat R
Admin
Admin
Pat R

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-03-07

The Need for Psychic Protection and How to discern True and False Guides Empty
PostSubject: The Need for Psychic Protection and How to discern True and False Guides   The Need for Psychic Protection and How to discern True and False Guides Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:41 am

Many of you will already know me from other forums, so will know I'm a strong believer in the need for psychic protection and that I always advise people to test their guides. I hope the following information will help you understand why I recommend these things, and give you some useful information on why you should use psychic protection, and how you can discern whether your guides are True or False.

I'd first like to start by advising anyone who wishes to communicate with Spirit (particularly novices) that they don't use Ouija boards or automatic writing as a means of doing this. In my experience (and I've had over 30 years of it) I've come across many instances of psychic disturbance that have occurred after people have experimented with Ouija boards. Using a Ouija board opens a portal into your home, whereby spirit entities can enter your home and your life. That would be fine if you could always be certain what and who you were inviting in, but you can't! To try and explain what I mean a little better, I'd like you to consider the following scenario: If there was a knock at your front door (particularly in the middle of the night, and you didn't know who was knocking) would you open your door, or would you first look to see who was knocking first? If you didn't recognise the person who was at your door, would you ask what they wanted, or ask them to show you some proof of their identity, or would you simply open the door and let that someone you didn't know into your home? I'm pretty sure most of you would be sensible and check before opening your door to a stranger. Therefore, if you would take those simple steps to avoid letting someone you don't know into your home (someone you can see, but might feel you may not be able to trust), then surely it makes sense to apply those same rules if (and whenever) you're dealing with spirit entities, particularly any who come for the first time or you don't yet know? Like any squatters, 'Spiritual squatters' (unwanted entities) can be very difficult to get rid of once they've established themselves in your home.

There are lots of articles and books written about problems people have encountered through using Ouija boards. However, there's far less material that warns about possible dangers you may encounter if you attempt automatic writing (without protecting yourself psychically first). Automatic writing is not the same as inspirational writing, or true spirit communications. Automatic writing is a means whereby the writer allows an entity to control their hand while the spirit entity writes down what it wishes to say.

Let me first discern the difference between automatic and inspirational writing. If you write a letter, or story, you will think about what you're going to write before you commit this to paper. The written words will have spaces between them. In true automatic writing the words are joined up and the style of writing changes. The words will be written down faster than the words come into your mind. In true spirit communications, inspirational writing or philosophy, Spirit mentally impress their words upon your mind. At first, it's often difficult to discern your own thoughts from those that are inspired. However, when you’re receiving this type of mental communication, you always have time to sense whether what you are being given is from a good or a not-so-good source. If your feelings, or senses, tell you something is wrong with the communication, or communicator, you can stop writing straight away. However if these warning feelings are ignored and automatic writing is practised over a long period, it can be very difficult to break contact with a controlling influence. By allowing a negative influence to use your hand to write with, they slip into your body (albeit temporarily) so they are able to move your hand. The more contact you have through automatic writing, the easier this process becomes for the controlling entity. A good spirit will always leave when bidden to do so. A bad influence may not be so willing to relinquish the hold it has gained over its unfortunate victim. This is when problems can occur. It's not my wish to frighten anyone. However, it is also not my wish to allow anyone to fall into this trap (as I once did when I was a novice). Throughout the years I've been involved in Spiritualism, and the Paranormal, particularly the early ones, I've experienced the negative as well as the positive side of spirit. I feel it would be wrong if I didn’t mention this experience, so readers who may be considering spiritual contact, can be more informed and therefore protect themselves.

When I first received many of the communications I got from Amad and Frances Banks, I used to often think I had imagined them. It was only over the course of time, when so many things I had been told came true, that I finally believed I was receiving inspirational and true spirit communications. That's not to say that I believe what I'm told without questioning. As I have quoted many times ‘Test ye the spirits!’

You can't identify whether a spirit is good or bad by the information or messages they give you. Any spirit, even one who has been passed over a very short time, has access to information on what has been, is, and will be. Many negative entities will try and gain an inexperienced medium’s trust through giving them accurate messages. The real test of any spirit is how they leave you feeling as a person, and how they leave the people you come into contact with (particularly if you give messages or readings). My guide Frances Mary Banks gently and very subtly led me into teaching. This enriched my life greatly and allowed me to enrich others lives too. Gwyn, another spirit helper, shared with me the beauty of Nature and the countryside she had loved so much. Amad and Fred Lunn both shared their wisdom and strength with me (and those I came into contact with). Charlie Dice (who was a Sioux Indian) protected and watched over me and my family. He taught me a lot about Native American Indian and their beliefs and culture. Never at any time have any of these helpers demanded anything from me and they have always acknowledged there is a Supreme Being (which I refer to as God, many of you may have other names for the Deity or Higher Power you believe in and that's fine with me. No matter what name, or names, we may choose to call this Higher Power, I hope you agree this power is benevolent and loving. I believe this Higher Power has (and still is) drawing many people to Healing and to working with the Angels.

Some people (particularly other mediums) may disagree with my views. That is their right and they are entitled to their opinion. I can only write about the things I’ve personally experienced, both good and bad. Everything I have written both on S & D and other forums (and those I've included in the book I'm writing called 'There are More Things in Heaven and Earth!') are experiences that happened to close friends and relatives, or those I've personally experienced, or know to be true.

Over the last 30 years, I’ve experienced, (as I know others too have experienced) from time to time, the darker side of spirit. I have sometimes been asked 'Doesn’t this frighten you, and why did you still carry on after you had your bad experience through automatic writing? The answer is simple - it was down to personal choice. I chose to learn from my mistake, protect myself, and move on. I also chose to learn what I could from my experiences so, hopefully, I could use these to help others. When I made the choice not to turn my back on what I believed, I said I would only work with helpers, if they proved to me that I could trust them. Shortly after making my choice, my helper Frances Banks came into my life. Over the last 25 years, I've been able to find out everything about Frances' earthly life. During the last 5 years, I've even spoken to 2 of Frances' closest friends. After my bad experience, I asked for someone I could trust. I believe Frances Banks was the answer to my prayers, she not only proved who she was, but she gave my life meaning and purpose and she's proved 'my angel'. (I'm pleased I didn't let that one bad experience I had through automatic writing prevent me from following my spiritual pathway. Had I chosen to turn my back on spiritual matters, I would never have come to know the real beauty of true Spirit Communion, or had the wonderful spiritual experiences I've had).

When I first came into Spiritualism I was told all spirits are good, as you can see I now disagree strongly with this statement. As you are in this life, so will you be in the next. If you have been a decent person in this life who has tried to do their best, you will continue to be like that. None of us are saints. We’ve all (at some time in our lives) done things which we regret or we are ashamed of. This doesn’t make us bad people, it simply makes us human. However, there are many people in this life who live for the hell they can inflict upon others and freely choose to live that way. Progression and forgiveness is freely available to anyone who seeks the light, but it cannot be forced upon a soul who's not willing to embrace the Light. I’ve been used and abused in this life by material people, but this didn't make me stop living or refuse to ever get involved with anyone else. Some people say like attracts like and it can and often does (the Law of Attraction proves this). However, it is also true that opposites are often attracted to each other too.

Many psychologists acknowledge human beings are often attracted to other human beings who are very different to themselves. They are attracted because they see qualities in others they lack in themselves, or they feel they need. Con-men are very good at preying on the gullible or naïve. Vulnerable children often became the targets for bullies at school. Some individuals exude an aura of vulnerability. How many women who don’t lie themselves have been attracted to liars? Charles Manson is known to have had a charismatic effect on his followers. So much so, he was able to persuade them to kill for him. The list is endless. What can you do about it? Well, you could lock yourself in your house and refuse to ever come out again. If you’ve been hurt by another person, you could refuse to ever love again or become involved with anyone again. However, there is another choice - you can learn to PROTECT YOURSELF PSYCHICALLY! Learn to listen to your sixth sense (the one most people choose to ignore). Your sixth sense includes your survival instinct. Animals and indigenous peoples still use theirs, but most people living in Western countries have become so absorbed in the technology of the 20th and 21st centuries, they often forget to listen to that still small voice - the voice of reason and intuition. Many times people receive warnings or feelings about things, but usually put these to the back of their mind and dismiss these warnings/feelings as purely imagination. Most don’t act upon the information they receive. Only later when trouble or disaster strikes, do they find themselves saying, ‘I knew that was going to happen!’

Psychic protection is an essential practice if you wish to develop the spiritual aspect of your nature, or if you wish to safely communicate with Spirit. It involves learning to trust your feelings and using your intuition. Through sharing these experiences with you, I hope you will now recognise the need for protection and thereby enable yourselves to get the very best from your own spiritual endeavours.
An excellent book to read is ‘Protected by the Light’ by Dr. Bruce Goldberg. In this book Bruce states Spirit Guides can be placed into categories. These are: Protectors, Doctors, Teachers, Message Guides, and Gate (Door) Keepers. I've posted something something into the 'Spirit Guides' section of this forum. If you'd care to read this, I think you'll will find my spirit helpers fall within the categories Bruce Goldberg mentions.

May you all have a wonderful, safe Spiritual Journey - Love Pat xx
Back to top Go down
https://spiritual-quest.forumotion.net

The Need for Psychic Protection and How to discern True and False Guides
Page 1 of 1